Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petit le Mans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
It's about that time again, the end of the ALMS season. Petit le Mans at Road Atlanta October 17-20th. Last year there were a few of us there. How many teeners are going this year?

I'll be there in a tent Wednesday thru Sunday again. biggrin.gif
With the 914. driving.gif
carr914
I know Bob Seville (naro914) will be there,I talked to him yesterday. ThePaintedMan is going, I'm sure Jake & rfuerst914 will be there.

I'm debating it ( it would be the 1st Petit I would miss)

Only 7 Cars ( 5 LMP2s & 2 GTEs ) are coming from the European LeMans Series
t collins
I'll be there on the 19th & 20th
JFJ914
I'll be working at the Porscheplatz, see you there.
Zimms
I am pretty sure I'll be there. I just don't know when I'll get there.
Vysoc
I am planning on driving up on Thursday to Ball Ground and coming over for Friday & Saturday. The trip will be worth it just to escape this fricking heat and humidity. I have not worn a pair of Jeans since March.
The sticker shop is well worth the trip and I have scored some neat things over the years, last year a BBS rear wheel and Michelin Slick for $80.00 great garage stuff. Thanks for driving the wheel home for me TC!!!

We will try and hook up with you guys!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
ripper911
Heading to the track tomorrow. I hope to see some teeners! Stop by my tent for absinthe or beer! Infield right down hill from the porscheplatz and vendor village.
If anybody want to get a hold of me I'm at...
404. 914! (2) 987.
Zimms
Cool. I'll see you sometime this weekend. I fly in on Thursday, but have some business to do Thursday and Friday.
carr914
Enjoy Fellas beerchug.gif , this will be the 1st Petit I will miss.

I'll watch it live after URY & I come back from a Great Car Show
ThePaintedMan
Bummer T.C. My buddy and I will be there, leaving Friday after an early work day. We'll probably be painted up for Saturday morning one last time.
carr914
Well, at least I don't have to see that!
carr914
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
The Delta wing was 6th overall in practice until it had a shunt at the bridge with a GTC 911. Looks like a lot of damage.
Zimms
Ouch!

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Man, I hope they can keep that thing out of the wall long enough this week so I can finally watch it on track.
ripper911
Still the only 914 here...
rfuerst911sc
My son and I will be there heading out tomorrow morning. We'll be in my 1983 911SC in the Porsche corral.
t collins
George & Ripper 911, sorry our meeting was so breif but it was still good to meet you guys!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=341
278]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=341286]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Tom,
It was a blast to meet you as well, even for just a bit. I hope to get back up that way for a visit and maybe catch up with you Georgia boys in more quiet settings. Yep, we had a blast painting as usual. Got lots of Lizard and Falken swag for our efforts. The DeltaWing was incredible to see in person and very inspiring, and quite fast! Tom, did you figure out whose red/black 914 that was? I saw another nice red 2.0 with flares and met the owner as he was leaving the track. Apparently he is not a 914World member, but he said to say hi to everyone else, lol.

FYI, my buddy Marc (Falken guy) and I drove 8.5 hours on Friday and 8.5 on Sunday in the 914 from St. Petersburg, FL to Braselton, GA (where Petit Le Mans is). The car ran like a top, or as best as could be expected given the the condition of the heads. Who says 914s aren't reliable?!?! smile.gif Although, the last 4 hours on Friday night without heat and 50 deg temps sucked!

Below is a shot of Marc and Brian Sellers, one of the drivers of the Falken 997.
Click to view attachment

And the Falken chics!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.