Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cincinnati VW-Porsche Reunion 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
kafermeister
We had a great time today at the VW Porsche family reunion. The weather cooperated and I was able to meet some great 914-World folks.

Here are a few of the pics. The rest are posted on Photobucket.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Great turnout too, the perfect day for a Porsche car show 9/30 !
I like the old school Hurst/ olds wing on the red 9146gt.
Thanks for the pics.
Marty
poorsche914
Is this the mystery 914 LE referred to in this post?

QUOTE(kafermeister @ Sep 30 2012, 03:53 PM) *

driving.gif
Brent986
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 30 2012, 04:46 PM) *

Hi, I am the owner of the LE. What do you mean mystery? Certificate of authenicity was on on car.

driving.gif

turk22
I'll add my pictures here as well. Also want to say what a great group of owners! Couldn't be happier with the day - Turk

Overview1:
Click to view attachment

Overview2:
Click to view attachment

Overview3:
Click to view attachment

Overview4:
Click to view attachment

Overview5:
Click to view attachment
turk22
Individual shots of each car (two posts, cause we had so many biggrin.gif )

Image1:
Click to view attachment

Image2:
Click to view attachment

Image3:
Click to view attachment

Image4:
Click to view attachment

Image5:
Click to view attachment

Image6:
Click to view attachment

Image7:
Click to view attachment

poorsche914
Brent,

Welcome to the World.
I was wondering if this is the 914LE that has a VIN prior to the earliest recognized by Porsche as a CanAm 914 referred to earlier on these forums. If it is, please contact Jeff Bowlsby as I am sure he would be interested to see the COA. Have you listed it on the Can Am registry at THIS SITE
BTW, I was not at the event so did not know the COA was on the car.

driving.gif

QUOTE(Brent986 @ Sep 30 2012, 05:54 PM) *

Hi, I am the owner of the LE. What do you mean mystery? Certificate of authenicity was on on car.

driving.gif

Brent986
QUOTE(Brent986 @ Sep 30 2012, 05:54 PM) *

Hi,
Yes it is on the bowlsby LE site 4742915711. It falls within the range as far as I know.

driving.gif

Pat Garvey
No doubt about who's yellow '70 that is.......the front plate (expletive deleted) gives it away!
turk22
Guys ,

How many 914's were in the top 20 with the Judges? I think I heard 3?
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 30 2012, 02:54 PM) *

No doubt about who's yellow '70 that is.......the front plate (expletive deleted) gives it away!

Were your ears burning today, Pat? A couple of us were lucky enough to hear how you guys met and the years since. Paul told us that your on-line personality completely contrasts with your kind and gentle soul. I smelled horse stromberg.gif .
bigkensteele
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 30 2012, 06:51 PM) *

Guys ,

Really! That is fantastic.

Honestly, a turnout of 14 914s was far beyond my greatest expectations (and a little poetically ironic). And these were some really nice cars, and some great owners to boot.

Hats off to Ross Nellums (rnellums) who swooped in from Lafayette, Indiana (3 hours away) with his lovely girlfriend. They not only made the trip, but also made house-calls to a couple of local guys and helped them with mechanical issues, allowing them to make it to the show as well.

It was really great to meet all of you guys, and I hope that we can get together more often now that we have a little history. I am always happy to lend a hand and a wrench to those in need, so please never hesitate to PM me if you need so help.

My only question is - where was Thomas (tscrihfield)? I know your car isn't on the road yet, but dude, you missed a great show!!! smilie_pokal.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 30 2012, 11:20 PM) *

QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 30 2012, 06:51 PM) *

Guys ,

Really! That is fantastic.

Honestly, a turnout of 14 914s was far beyond my greatest expectations (and a little poetically ironic). And these were some really nice cars, and some great owners to boot.

Hats off to Ross Nellums (rnellums) who swooped in from Lafayette, Indiana (3 hours away) with his lovely girlfriend. They not only made the trip, but also made house-calls to a couple of local guys and helped them with mechanical issues, allowing them to make it to the show as well.

It was really great to meet all of you guys, and I hope that we can get together more often now that we have a little history. I am always happy to lend a hand and a wrench to those in need, so please never hesitate to PM me if you need so help.

My only question is - where was Thomas (tscrihfield)? I know your car isn't on the road yet, but dude, you missed a great show!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Nope Ken,
I did not miss the show. I was there from about 11:15am til clearing. It's unfortunate that I didn't catch up with you....

Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 30 2012, 06:12 PM) *

I'll add my pictures here as well. Also want to say what a great group of owners! Couldn't be happier with the day - Turk

Overview2:
Click to view attachment

I'm right above your blue windshield in this photo.... Green shirt, black hat...

Thomas
bigkensteele
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Sep 30 2012, 07:31 PM) *

Overview2:
Click to view attachment

I'm right above your blue windshield in this photo.... Green shirt, black hat...

Thomas

Crap! I was really hoping to meet you at this show. Are you going to Mariemont next weekend?

Not sure if you talked to everyone today, but I think that there were at least 3 cars there from Westchester, so you are in good company. Perhaps we will have 15+ next year!
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 30 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Overview2:

Thomas

Crap! I was really hoping to meet you at this show. Are you going to Mariemont next weekend?

Not sure if you talked to everyone today, but I think that there were at least 3 cars there from Westchester, so you are in good company. Perhaps we will have 15+ next year!

15+ should be a given! When the other 914s see the rainbow of their clean relatives that came out today they will not be able to resist! drooley.gif
rnellums
Brent,
It was great meeting you yesterday!(I parked next to you). The mystery car they seem to be referring to was spotted earlier in the week in Cincinnati, so it must not have been yours. I love seeing those bumblebees around, specially when they are driven to shows, not trailered!

Oh, and welcome to the world!

welcome.png

-Ross
rnellums
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 30 2012, 06:31 PM) *

Some Interior shots:

Interior4:
Click to view attachment

This car was SO PERFECT! 75 , one owner with 34,000 or so miles. Even the undercarriage was spotless. Really fun to see! (it is the Orange one in the other photos)
Brent986
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 1 2012, 08:33 AM) *

Brent,
It was great meeting you yesterday!(I parked next to you). The mystery car they seem to be referring to was spotted earlier in the week in Cincinnati, so it must not have been yours. I love seeing those bumblebees around, specially when they are driven to shows, not trailered!

Oh, and welcome to the world!

welcome.png
It was great meeting you as well. Hopefully I'll see you around at some of the other events in the area!
-Ross

rnellums
Also Brent, If you make sure to write your response at the very top or very bottom, it will stay out of the quotes and be easier to find. beerchug.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 30 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Thomas

Yes, as long as nothing changes between now and then I will be there.

Thomas
rjames
Love the exterior / interior color combination of this one. What's the name of this paint color? Is it a stock color?
Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
Time for some portraits from yesterdays' gathering of 914 faithful.......
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and
1970 Neun vierzehn
also....
1970 Neun vierzehn
...furthermore...
1970 Neun vierzehn
...in addition....
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 30 2012, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 30 2012, 02:54 PM) *

Were your ears burning today, Pat? A couple of us were lucky enough to hear how you guys met and the years since. Paul told us that your on-line personality completely contrasts with your kind and gentle soul. I smelled horse stromberg.gif .

I AM a kind and gentle soul! Just used to get worked up over originality when it counted. Seem to have lost that battle to the Huns!

So, these days I just laugh at the Suby & Chevy dudes, as well as the myriad of folks who've decided tp add M471 options to the four banger they have. I thank them for raising the value of my nearly original '72.

Yep, I'm mellow now.

Paul still needs to lose that stupid delivery plate. Ruins a nearly perfect 914.
Pat
rnellums
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 1 2012, 08:09 PM) *

Love the exterior / interior color combination of this one. What's the name of this paint color? Is it a stock color?
Click to view attachment

The color is "Ice green metallic". It's a factory color, but is a special order 911 color from 1974. The color is the original color of the car.
1970 Neun vierzehn
...plus
1970 Neun vierzehn
additionally.....
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and so on....
1970 Neun vierzehn
and so forth....
1970 Neun vierzehn
and again....
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and...
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and...
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and concluding...
Jamie
I was glad to see a good 914 turnout on a beauty of a day! My 73 Delphi Green is all original, and its always interesting to see the variety of mods that teeners gain as they age.
toadman
I was one of the fortunate ones to get help from Ross. I had planned to look at some used shocks he was bringing to the show and I e-mailed him that I might not make it to the show in my 914 because it would not start and I was going to work on it and hopefully get it running. He called and asked if I would like some help troubleshooting when he got to town and I said yes, thanks! He and Heather showed up just in time for dinner. After some sparkling dinner conversation he and I headed for the garage. Ross quickly determined that I had no spark because the coil bracket and coil had loosened up and the coil had rubbed through the red wire from my Pertronix electronic ignition unit. He butt spliced the wire and it started right up. Ross is an excellent diagnostician and a heck of a nice guy. Heather is a real joy, too, and they make a great couple.
jersey914
bye1.gif
Nürburg Nomad
Wow, well we certainly have the photo taking and posting down... now we just need to have more 914 get-togethers! I've yet to post any of my photos either... perhaps within the next 24hrs?
rnellums
LOTS of dew on my car early in the morning. Gotta Love that wax job though.
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.