Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
For you guys with duel carbs....when you place the linkage in the front, it looks to me that the stock cable won't fit.

So....What are you using? I put the linkage in the rear, the cable is a little too long....thanks, herb
Brad Roberts
I always use a TerryCable or a stock 914 cable... it comes down to what bracket you use for the cable mount.

B
crash914
Brad, you are saying that the stock or terry cable is long enough?

I have a solid bracket that bolts to the case....I just don't think that the cable will take the bend to bring it around to the rear???

P.S. Received the starter yesterday....thanks, herb
Joe Ricard
Put the actuator lever on top of the hex bar and gracefully route the throttle cable to the bracket and on to the hex bar lever.
dmenche914
for my Buick V6 914 I used some bicycle brake cable. I asked for the longest stuff, asked for the stuff used on them long tandem bikes. The guy i new i wanted it for a car. he said that he almost never sells the long stuff for tandem bikes, but sells alot to car people, mostly dunebuggies.

dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.