Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aniversary of James Deans Death
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914junkie
http://www.qsl.net/w5www/dean.html
So I'm sure most of you know about the curse of James Deans Legendary 550 Spyder "Little Bastard" but for those of you who don't here is a link so you can check it out. I get chills when I read it, like a good ghost story or something...it's freaky. And since today is the aniversary of his death as well as my sons 9th Birthday, I thought I'd share it. It's interesting to say the least. shades.gif
ConeDodger
I choose to believe that the curse of Donald Turnipseed did him in... That, IIRC was the name of the guy who turned his big-assed Ford Station wagon directly into his path... dry.gif I bet that guy spent the rest of his life trying to avoid the question 'Say, aren't you the guy...' sad.gif
VaccaRabite
Small yellow text on a star background. Hello 1995!
Goodby my eyesight!

Zach
zymurgist
At least they used Comic Sans. For gravitas, donchaknow.
infraredcalvin
Some say that the legend was hyped by the master showman Barris himself...

Last year i drove my 930 to Rennsport Reunion IV. I took highway 46 and. Plane to stop at his memorial. At the same place, I was looking out at the old intersection where the crash occurred, just as i turned back to see where i was going, a pickup truck decided to pass slowing traffic in my oncoming lane. I had to swerve onto the shoulder and in the dirt to avoid hitting him head on (he had the nerve to honk at me as he passed, never stopped...).

To say the least, I believed in the "curse" after that...

Happy b-day to your boy! RIP JD.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.