Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally got my vintage wheels on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
I finally got around to putting my old Momos on the car.

What do you guys think?

Click to view attachment
timothy_nd28
very nice, perhaps nicer if you had flares
SUNAB914
Looks good!
jsayre914
Cool !

smile.gif
Pat Garvey
I LOVE it, just the way it appears. The entire World does not always love GT flares.
mittelmotor
Clean! I'm a huge fan of the narrow body look too, so don't change a thing!
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Sep 30 2012, 03:39 PM) *

I finally got around to putting my old Momos on the car.

What do you guys think?

Click to view attachment

Awesome looking wheel....what was on there in your profile pic?

Steve
aka fellow 914 in BC
jimkelly
very nice wheels !!!
ConeDodger
Nice... I'm a fan of the 914 and personal choice. Narrow body, flared, it's all good to me. Wheels look good too!
jersey914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 30 2012, 07:28 PM) *

Nice... I'm a fan of the 914 and personal choice. Narrow body, flared, it's all good to me. Wheels look good too!

Ok , but Fuchs are my wheel of choice. Good Luck with the new look!

confused24.gif
bradtho
sits real nice. did you put spacers on the front or just bigger tires?
cwpeden
The tires are 205 60 15 Falken Ziex ZE-912.

These are a 4x130 Momo 5-1/2 x 15 wheel standard 914 offset.

My profile pic has a set of yellow pedrinis with autocross/track tires and my fuchs usually wear 205 50 15 RT615's.

I changed to these because I was tired of the gearing being wrong with the 50 series tires.

I have 3 sets of rims with tires, Momos, Fuchs and Late Steels. Just depends on the westcoast weather and I try to keep the car ready to drive year round.
IronHillRestorations
I have three of those Momo wheels if anyone is interested.
MrHyde
Lol... I was just gonna say I have a black set of those wheels up in the barn since I'm switching to 5-lug. They do look nice though. :-)
cwpeden
If you guys are interested in selling take a pic of the wheels and pm them to me.

thanks
MoveQik
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 30 2012, 03:50 PM) *

The entire World does not always love GT flares.

x2!!!
toadman
I think these Momo wheels look great! Does anyone know how much one weighs? Are they cast or forged? Do they use a ball seat lug bolt or something different?
Montreal914
Beautiful wheels!
20 years ago I had a set on my dual carbed Beetle. I never see those around but it looks like some of the members have partial sets, if I wasn't converting to 5 lugs I would look for those.
Nice car! beer.gif

Click to view attachment
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 30 2012, 06:50 PM) *

I LOVE it, just the way it appears. The entire World does not always love GT flares.

agree.gif (& I have GT flares!) biggrin.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 30 2012, 06:50 PM) *

agree.gif Very nice!
cwpeden
QUOTE(toadman @ Oct 1 2012, 06:17 PM) *

I think these Momo wheels look great! Does anyone know how much one weighs? Are they cast or forged? Do they use a ball seat lug bolt or something different?

They are cast Aluminum. With a 205 60 15 they weigh about the same as a fuch with 205 50 15 rt615's. maybe a little lighter. They use regular long bolts.

I have 3 bent ones, they arent very tough wheels. I'm going to try some different paint scemes and will post pics to vote on. I tried solid black and thry look like crap. post-2-1117899824.gif
steuspeed
Those look great! driving.gif
Dion
Car looks real nice. Never came across those wheels before.
I like em a lot.

Cheers Dion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.