Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone know where I can get those
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
I started to check my engine before I actually get ready to put it in and had a look at the valve train before I started to put the sheet metal valve too tight losen the adjuster and crack,, I taugh i had a set of spare in my other heads but they are very different , they are longer and swivel, the cone shape piece is missing from the top , because during the removal process i got mangle but here is what i need
qa1142
any VW supply shop
type47
doesn't that look like a 911 valve adjustment screw? .... with the swivel foot missing....?
davep
Looks like a swivel foot, and the foot is missing. Don't know much about VW swivel feet, but the 911 used them, and some people adapt the 911 swivel to the 914/4 engine. Better make sure of what you have there. The Type 4 never came with those as stock. Check with Mark Henry on a replacement.
type11969
ac.net would be a good place to check too.
freezing14
i have sent a message to mark , he agree it is a swivell foot , apparently they are popular with the HI performace people, the whole thing here is that i have a brand new rebuild engine but i have no idea what's in it, the guy who had it before sent the tranny and engine to be rebuild and noticed after that the long were dead, that's when I got the car, an abandon project, so i spent the last 6 month fixing the body and doing the paint, so not the car is all assemble but the engine, the engine still had the machine shop tag but it just said rebuid head and bored out to 1.8 so that is the only thing I know about it, also the usual 1.7 adjuster does not fit because of an angle difference and also it is too short, the rocker are probably different????
SLITS
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Of the rocker assembly.

And, from the looks of the nut, the head of the swivel is stuck in it unsure.gif
Bleyseng
Be sure and only use the OEM Porsche swivel feet as the aftermarket ones suck.

Geoff
davep
I know I have a few 911 swivels, so they are relatively handy if they are needed in a hurry.
Mark Henry
I only have a complete set...shipping is the problem...UPS will charge me big time, not worth it for one screw.

Slits got it, the screw snapped...I wouldn't touch that set with a ten foot pole.

You could get one of off Davep, but I'd toss them and use stock or a new set of real Porsche swivel foot adjusters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.