Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (SOLD):1971 Roller NO RUST New Paint GT Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Danny_Ocean
SOLD! Thank's 914World.Com!
carr914
I can already hear Andy & Erc laughing, but I know this was one of my old cars. It was truly rust-free (how I'm not sure because it came from Syracuse NY) back in 08. It was originally Tangerine. I did the Fender Cuts. Unfortunately the Flamin Turd I got it from would never give me the Title.

Sure looks nice now. GLWTS
Danny_Ocean
SOLD!
carr914
If I had any money, I'd take it
carr914
Here she is when I got her. That is paint around the jack hole not rust

Click to view attachment
Danny_Ocean
SOLD!
carr914
I firmly believe that the guy I got it from had the Title but for whatever reason wouldn't give it to me. He was a jackass about alot of things. He was going to to a VIN Swap of a -6 onto this car. Then after I tried to be nice and showed how I resurrected the -6 (which was one of the Rustiest cars on the planet), he said I ruined it. After that I deleted his phone# & I wouldn't know how to get a hold of him.

Your best bet to get a Title is to go through a Title service ( I know a few people from here have down that) or to "wash" the Title through a State like Alabama or Georgia
914itis
I was told that you can register a car with a bill of sale in GA, but you will never get a title. You only get a title to your name if you had a title when registered from the PO.
carr914
But that's the "Wash" - you get someone to get a GA Bill of Sale & then turn that into a Florida Title
shuie
If you can get a notarized bill of sale you can go through a title company and get a title. You sign a power of attorney form over to a title company and they register the car on your behalf in a non-title state like Alabama or Vermont. It's a transferrable registration. Take the AL or VT registration & plate to your DMV and pay the transfer tax to register the car in your state and you will get a legit title.
brant
I used an alabama title company to wash a motorcycle title about 5 years ago...

but I recently looked into it again and was told that that type of service had dried up and the loop holes closed...

double check with a few, but it may be that bonding a salvage title is the only way left.

shuie
All you need is a legit notarized BOS and $$$. You will pay 2X the tax/registration costs by the time you are done, but you will get a title.

http://www.its-titles.com/
no1uno
Could someone use a vin from a '75 parts car with good title to register and title this one?
carr914
QUOTE(no1uno @ Oct 2 2012, 09:27 PM) *

Could someone use a vin from a '75 parts car with good title to register and title this one?

Don't go there - it's illegal ( no matter what George says) & one of the reasons I rescued this & the -6 back in 08
brant
that sounds like a quick trip to federal prison....

Danny_Ocean
SOLD!
Danny_Ocean
SOLD!
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(no1uno @ Oct 2 2012, 09:27 PM) *

Yes, there are legal ways to accomplish this. Again, it depends on your state.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.