Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windscreen/windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
gazzar
hi guys,

has anyone got any tips for getting the windscreen out without breaking it ? - and then what will i need to put it back in (1975 1.8) as i have got some rust to deal with. idea.gif
Pull all the trim .
Use a very thin peace of wire .
Feed it between the rubber gooyyy stuff that seals the shield .very carefully push it threw to wear u can grab it on the out side .slowly pull it up and around the windshield fraim . Work it all the way around . Slowly ! Be extra carefullll .no do overs. No mulaginnn s . Now get two friends . One guy inside . To break the seal and push her out ,wile the two guys outside slowly lift her out .
Have apace ready tp put the shield.

Best to use a pare of ply ers to hold the wire as u work it around the shield. Pull the targa top , it will make it much easier . Also when u pull the wire across the bottom of the windshield , have a friend help work it across .one guy inside the car.
Slow ! Slow ..

biggrin.gif
gazzar
QUOTE(901 @ Oct 2 2012, 09:54 PM) *

Pull all the trim .
Use a very thin peace of wire .
Feed it between the rubber gooyyy stuff that seals the shield .very carefully push it threw to wear u can grab it on the out side .slowly pull it up and around the windshield fraim . Work it all the way around . Slowly ! Be extra carefullll .no do overs. No mulaginnn s . Now get two friends . One guy inside . To break the seal and push her out ,wile the two guys outside slowly lift her out .
Have apace ready tp put the shield.

Best to use a pare of ply ers to hold the wire as u work it around the shield. Pull the targa top , it will make it much easier . Also when u pull the wire across the bottom of the windshield , have a friend help work it across .one guy inside the car.
Slow ! Slow ..

biggrin.gif

thanks 901- how is the trim held in place ?
and what is the gooey stuff called to stick it back in after ive sorted out the rust - if i don't drop the screen !
Comes in tape rolls
Call your local Porsche dealer
The window guys have this stuff that works well , way cheaper. Use the low priced tube stuff , it works just as good.
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!
When I reinstalled my windshield. Yeah right , I just had the local car windshield guy do my car. I used a rubber seal on the out side of the car .
The stock trim has lill clips under the trim peace . U will see them when u pull the trim . Pulling it it very hard without damage . So be carefull.
I used a peace of rubber the same size. As the stock trim , it weathers way better . Looks low key , and better . 911 style . Ing I like it cuz it dose not scratch .

biggrin.gif
gazzar
QUOTE(901 @ Oct 4 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Comes in tape rolls
The window guys have this stuff that works well , way cheaper. Use the low priced tube stuff , it works just as good.
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!
When I reinstalled my windshield. Yeah right , I just had the local car windshield guy do my car. I used a rubber seal on the out side of the car .
The stock trim has lill clips under the trim peace . U will see them when u pull the trim . Pulling it it very hard without damage . So be carefull.
I used a peace of rubber the same size. As the stock trim , it weathers way better . Looks low key , and better . 911 style . Ing I like it cuz it dose not scratch .

biggrin.gif

thanks mate i feel a lot more confident pulling out my screen now,
QUOTE(gazzar @ Oct 4 2012, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(901 @ Oct 4 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Comes in tape rolls
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!

biggrin.gif

thanks mate i feel a lot more confident pulling out my screen now,

Cheers aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.