Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW guys, check out post 3975 under members pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Andreah is looking for help in pricing her late husband's 914/6. Anyone know of this car or want to assist. Looks like she is in Bellevue.
Tom
sixnotfour
Tom she has an awesome for sale web site and will have no problem selling the -6.

I actually looked at the car in 1979 when I was buying one, I bought an irish Green -6 from a guy in Bellingham fresh from Steamboat Springs Co... I still have it too.
Tom
Jeff,
I looked at her link and yes, she sure does but it sounds as if she isn't sure of what she has pricewise.
Tom
sixnotfour
With the website the whole World will be making offers, I bet the shop owner will be the low ball. JMO.

Bruce Hinds
how do you get to member pics?
sixnotfour
Andrea is no dummy;
http://www.barnfinds.com/unfinished-dream-...-porsche-914-6/

Here is the web add;
http://porsche9146.com/
Gustl
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 3 2012, 03:54 AM) *

Here is the web add;
http://porsche9146.com/

based on a photo on this page I would read the VIN as 9140430729

Click to view attachment

could it be that the last digit is something else than a "9" ??

it's just because I have a different 914-6 in my files with that VIN ...

SLITS
rick 918-S
I would love to own that car.
championgt1
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 2 2012, 09:14 PM) *

agree.gif
bulitt
52 is awful young to pass on.
Sorry to hear this story.
rhodyguy
slick web ad. that car should fetch big money. i wonder what day wayne corrini flys in?

k
sixnotfour
Wayne was in Snohomish last sunday at the Car Show...
Ya should do better than the one you got Camp from the craigslist, for sale add, that turned into auction, blue 914-6.
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 2 2012, 09:17 AM) *

Tom she has an awesome for sale web site and will have no problem selling the -6.

I actually looked at the car in 1979 when I was buying one, I bought an irish Green -6 from a guy in Bellingham fresh from Steamboat Springs Co... I still have it too.

What you owned a green 914-6 blink.gif . I just can't believe it evilgrin.gif
sixnotfour
Stay tuned !! lots more info coming....
rudedude
I have "729" in my garage the last time I looked.
It went on a long drive last weekend but not to seattle.
NORD

Dan Root

Where are you? PNW 914-6 available. Fixer, just up your alley driving.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(NORD @ Oct 3 2012, 07:55 PM) *

Dan Root

Where are you? PNW 914-6 available. Fixer, just up your alley driving.gif

She has a long list already, all over the world has contacted her.

I am going to document the good the bad for her to post the pics.
No interest on my part for the purchase. Just a small world, The car I looked at in 1979,and passed , Finally resurfaces 2012. And I do have enough -6's

Here is the one I bought in 1979
rhodyguy
do you remember how much you paid for the irish in 79'? gotta be worth a small fortune now. irish green is tied with silver as my fav color on a 914.

k
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 4 2012, 09:58 AM) *

do you remember how much you paid for the irish in 79'? gotta be worth a small fortune now. irish green is tied with silver as my fav color on a 914.

k

I paid 6800, I think the brown -6 the car lot wanted 7300
rhodyguy
$6.8k in 79' was a fair chunk of change.

k
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 4 2012, 10:14 AM) *

$6.8k in 79' was a fair chunk of change.

k

Ya six months before that my dad bought a cherry -6 for 3250....still have it also
rhodyguy
you have too many cars. sell some and retire to canada. wink.gif

k
sixnotfour
Here is a bunch of shots from today, Andrea has some cool euro documents, and a good file of the cars work done since coming to the states. To bad it got a the quicky hide the rust undercoat applied when it got painted in 1977. You dont see euro 914's everyday. 15k OBO at this point , per Andrea
http://porsche9146.com/porsche-pictures-october-6th
Tom
Whew, that is going to take a lot of the expensive "buffing" to get it road ready.
sad.gif How was the engine?
Tom
sixnotfour
Oily, But there is a rebuild reciept from 1977
JawjaPorsche
Lack of rust? Really? I must not know rust looks like.

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 6 2012, 04:42 PM) *

Here is a bunch of shots from today, Andrea has some cool euro documents, and a good file of the cars work done since coming to the states. To bad it got a the quicky hide the rust undercoat applied when it got painted in 1977. You dont see euro 914's everyday. 15k OBO at this point , per Andrea
http://porsche9146.com/porsche-pictures-october-6th

914werke
yikes that suspension console is in bad shape.
sixnotfour
She (Andrea) knows nothing about cars, When she first looked at it that was her assumtion. once I opened the engine lid and showed her , all the good / bad ..she is now knows.
Also we found some proof Tyler tried to sue the PPI person and the Dealer he bought it from. He only drove it for One Year before the suspension failed. BTW she has a 12.5K offer already

Here is a quote from Kevin Jannette (gunnar racing) about the Samba rusty Six for 10K
10K for a rusty 14-6

Guess what Boys and Girls...it won't be long (if not already) when someone will say "Thats a real steal (steel) deal"! Rust can be fixed especially on a 914....everything is available!! The car looks complete too!

If I didn't already own a few Sixer's...I swear I would buy it (I like making chicken salad outta chicken S_it anyway)....it seems to be my past time saving old Porsche's! Someone needs to buy this very sweet (RUSTY) 914-6!!

Gumby

PS by the time your done doing it....I think you will still make a profit and have a great feeling of saving another Classic Porsche.....errr ahhhhhh VW!!
rhodyguy
in this case a picture is worth a bunch. looks fairly typical for an east coast special. so...starting @ 20-30k to fix it from what we've seen? do you trust a 35 y.o. rebuild?
Mr.242
I think $12.5 is a good open bid. I had a blast rebuilding mine.

I think Jamie Rust should do it. He hasn't ever owned a SIX.
Bleyseng
Those guys on Texas Car Wars should buy it as it is almost just a parts car with that much rust.
I can see why it sat and sat until the guy died! It needs a complete resto and stripped to bare metal what there is of it.
$10k would be about it IMHO
sixnotfour
Sold... 18,000 to CA. stay stateside for now.
I fixed the suspension so they could roll it and reinstalled the motor/trans
first time engine back it since 1980..

Ready for shipment.. beerchug.gif
Tom
first.gif You are the man, Jeff. I recommend you for Raincity Redneck of the Year! You give us PNW guys the bar to shoot for. Thanks for doing this.
Tom
pete000
NICE SAVE !
sixnotfour
2018 bump....

its restored and for sale
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.