Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine start on the bench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
i am finally at the point where I will try to start the engine, but before i put it in the car I would really like to hear it running , question of fixing everything before it is in, i have make a rack to hold it , I have all the wiring harness connected to the computer the alternator harness to the spare relay box,, not how do i simulate the harness part of the car from the relay box??, i am sure that just a jumper or two should do the job but where???
Joe Ricard
Are you running the Fuel pump too? You need 12V to the board. The wiring diagrams should show you where that is. Grounding the FI harness to the case as you would in the car. Grounding the battery to the case or Transxale shuld be straight forward.

I will be doing this with carbs hopefully this year!!! Rob. rolleyes.gif

BE CAREFULL WITH JUMPERS SOMETIMES YOU WILL LET THE SMOKE OUT OF UNSUSPECTING COMPONENTS THAT WILL COST YOU AND ARM AND A LEG
freezing14
Hey Joe, I will be setting up the whole FI on the engine including the fuel pump, i knew about the grounding everything together i just hope I wont fry anything
Joe Ricard
Fried is what happens right after the smoke leaves the component
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.