Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Wiring Harnesses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
I'm curious if there is any interest in any hand made color matched 914 Center Console Wiring Harnesses p/n 914 612 151 10.

The wiring harnesses are NLA from the factory and the existing ones are in bad shape. I know a lot of people like to add them to their cars or wish for a better condition harness.

The wiring harnesses would come with bigger gauge wire so it would not be a problem to put LED's in the existing bulb sockets.

I would be willing to do a small number to end this year.

AutoAtlanta charges $145 for a "refurbished" harness.

What price would you be willing to pay for this?

Highlights:
Bigger gauge wire
All copper wire
Color matched plastic cover
Matched color casing (off my example)
Soldered connections
Optional New Bulb Sockets

The little black plug housing is NLA and you would have to do without. The black plug housing just makes it look more German.

Pictures: Original

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

New: (have everything just ran out of good solder biggrin.gif )

JeffBowlsby
Someone (not me) already makes them for less than the cost of materials Carrie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Center...5b1&vxp=mtr
A&PGirl
Has anyone bought from this guy?

To be honest his work doesn't look like it is done to a high standard. His red wire is not colored matched and I would want to see his soldering work before it is double heat shrinked. What heat shrink is he using that causes him to run 2 layers of it to be effective as one quality layer?

Not trying to start a fight, just pointing a few things out.
A&PGirl
It's is not complete either. I am sitting here with a '74 1.8 harness and looking at the picture.

The volt temp branch has: Black w/blue, Red w/white and Brown.

The clock branch has: Black, Brown and Black w/blue.

The oil temp branch has: Black w/blue, Red w/white, Brown and Green w/Black.
His harness? Nothing in the picture matches. Hell, are even the wires the right length? WTF.gif

The bottom line his harness is will not work because it is wrong at the core and he calls it a plug & play solution. How can it be plug & play when the oil temp branch isn't wired correctly?

So spend $38 + shipping with him from something that will not work or pay $145 to AutoAtlanta for a refurbished harness. Or I would be more than to make something up for a member here that will work and is correct or I suspect at less 3 other members could do the same thing.

Cold hard reality.

I am a little incensed that pictures of my work is rated as not nearly as good as this guy's. mad.gif mad.gif

Yes, you poked the damn dragon. mad.gif type.gif
Lennies914
I am a little incensed that pictures of my work is rated as not nearly as good as this guy's. mad.gif mad.gif

[/quote]

WTF.gif confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Oct 2 2012, 03:45 PM) *

WTF.gif confused24.gif

av-943.gif
bandjoey
Help me out. Where does this connect ? Where Does the
Missing black plug go? It's always good to replace wiring if the price is fair.
A&PGirl
Oil temp. Wires Red, Green & Brown. Used to simplify installation on the line. Why take time on the line to push 3 wires on when you push them all on in one go. The connectors just slid inside.

If you have an old harness with black plug intact you could push out the old connectors and slide the new ones in. Not everyone is going to have a spare lying around though. It's one of those pieces you either have a lot of or don't have any or just have one.

Lennies914-

Did you click on the link and look at the picture? That will tell you all you need to know.
Mike Bellis
The ebay harness looks like decent quality. Maybe he doesn't have a white stripe on his red wire.

Your harness is not completed. How could a proper comparison be made.

Jeff was being nice enough to let you know that you have competition. it all comes down to your price point. If I were a buyer and the only noticeable difference was a white stripe, I may buy the lower cost product. He also shrinked over most of the connector. This is a better way to go if the connector does not have the correct plug.

BTW, you don't need larger wires for LED's. They draw only a fraction of what a standard lamp does.

My $.02 from an FCC and state licensed electrician for 25 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.