Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No more "six" chat from me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Topic says it all.

I will not be making any more comparisons on this site between a -4 and a -6. There have been too many squabbles lately and the battle will never be won by any of the parties involved because its like comparing the Moon to Hell.....

If anyone wants to know my feelings, go to my site and read. I will continue to try my hardest for the guys that want to keep their 4 cylinder car on the road and I promise to bring as many developments as I can to their grasp.

I like my fours that I create with my own mind and hands. You like your six for whatever reason- so be it. Thats who I am, and that who each of you are. If you like my ideas concerning the 4 cylinder then great, if no so what??

I'm tired of getting my blood pressure up everyday over nothing and having it wreck my performance at what I'm trying to accomplish. I'll be gone next week and won't be around much after I get back. The next couple of months have to make alot of things happen if my new plan is to work out and it is going to require 110% of me.

I'm sorry if I have pissed anyone off- I have a knack for doing that when I'm trying my hardest to make my point concerbning something I'm so addicted to- these engines.

So, don't ask me my stand on a 4 vs. a 6 because I won't answer ya..... If you want to know that page is on my site.

Goodbye.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 29 2004, 12:33 PM)
its like comparing the Moon to Hell

now, would you say, in your example, the "six" is the "moon" or "hell" ??? idea.gif

laugh.gif Andy
Jake Raby
Good one Andy....... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
hahahah

jake, i think this is a good idea. no more alfred attacks biggrin.gif
d914
I think most of know your passion and know where to go for a four. Unfortunately some time passions collide.

Remember dont't sweat the small stuff and its all the small stuff when family not involved.

enjoy your cruise and come back and give us infedels(sp) hell.
Jake Raby
Will do...

I just get too wound up and thats not good for anyone, or my bleeding ulcers!
J P Stein
I respect what you're doing with the T-4. All I ask that you respect what I (or we) are doing with the 6s.

Having said that, this is supposed to be "a bunch of guys standing around the garage". I don't know what it's called these days, but we used to call it "bench racin'"....things got rough, but seldom nasty.....Chebbie vs Ford vs Mopar.

The difference here is distance. Face to face...car to car, you could hash it out.....get too far outta line and you'd get a mouth fulla knuckles.....or worser, get your doors blowed off.

Here, it's just words. I can make un-friends locally....I don't need to do it long distance.
Jake Raby
I agree, I just wish that we were not so far from each other...
mike_the_man
No need to worry of this sort of thing Jake. I think everybody knows that you're the man when it comes to TIVs. Some people like fours, and some like sixes. Personally, I'd give my left nut for one of your 4s or a 6! ohmy.gif
lapuwali
See, what we really need to start now is a big flame fest on 616 v Type 4... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Oct 29 2004, 01:19 PM)
See, what we really need to start now is a big flame fest on 616 v Type 4...

or, we could all help Mike getting rid of his left nut ...

wacko.gif Andy
jim912928
914's are just cool whether it's a 4, 6 or 8! I think what you are toing with 4's is great. You get guys like me who grew up with the 6's vs the 4's and you get someone who leans that way. We all tend to gravitate to what we are familiar with. Long live the 4's and 6's!
sanman
these are the best threads! look at how many people read them. I agree.gif with jp. the only bad thing is that we are all so far apart that there will never be a "put up or shut up" unless DON KING gets a 914 and promotes the event biggrin.gif I say let the flames continue until someone get on a plane and/or get thier ass kicked. I is all harmless and we have all had worst with friends. We need a "KICK His A$$" laugh.gif smily face (two fighting, one holding the sign) Just try not to let it get the best of you.
sanman out cool.gif

ps I was the only chevy guy in a shop of 9 guys had to listen to thier $hit everyday even in my sleep.
Hey Jake - just emailed you.

Nothing was meant against Jake, and he is right we can go round and round. I wanted to go the type IV route to work and paid big dollars to get it (and i kept my nuts) biggrin.gif . Didnt work for me and that is the price you pay for exotic combinations. Anytime you deviate from stock you risk losing the whole thing. That includes any number of cylinders. Jake, your passion is great and you explore the limits more than anyone has in recent years. For that you should be highly commended. Looking forward to seeing TG with HIS yellow 914 at the track next year (I can at least instruct to get my track fix).

beerchug.gif
davep
Don't let it get to you, it is like arguing with my wife, there is no solution.

Your big fours stack up very nicely with the sixes, and can best them in certain areas.
On the six side of the coin one gets an engine with pristine Porsche heritage, and that has a certain cache.
In the end, it really comes down to a matter of personal choice. And people can justify their choice any way they want to. Some people conform to norms, other people will not. Twill ever be thus.
Jake Raby
Thanks..

You made a few honest mistakes in your quest for displacement (atleast in my way of building these power plants)

I am working hard to get the stuff out there that has worked for me and let me attain the reputation that I have. If these engines are as bad as they are thought to be, and i still have a good rep that must say something about what we have been able to trick them into....

Being a Type IV owner in 2005 is going to be alot easier. I'm closing my tool box for a few months to finish a book I have been working on for 5 years, we are doing the performance engine video and there will be more and more data shared on my sites to help the average guy make his -4 as good as he can....

Did I mention that alot of parts are going to be cheaper too??

The by- product of all this means no time for forums pretty soon, so you guys won't have me around as much from now on..
Root_Werks
beerchug.gif Yeah, it's all good! biggrin.gif I actually don't mind the little debates about one setup vs another. Something to yak about I guess? wink.gif

I hear nothing but good things about you Jake. We all love our 914's and that is what matters. aktion035.gif
SLITS
All of them are derived from VW anyway wavey.gif
Dave Bell
Looking forward to that book and the cheaper parts.
Mueller
instead of 4 vrs 6, how about air vrs water ??? smile.gif

I'd love to have water cooled heads on my /4 smash.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 29 2004, 02:07 PM)
instead of 4 vrs 6, how about air vrs water ??? smile.gif

I'd love to have water cooled heads on my /4 smash.gif

Wasserboxer!
Sean_S
Jake, we haven't spoken but I've read a lot of your stuff... mostly because it concerns my sandrail and powerplant options I'm looking at.

Your opinion on 6 vs 4 is not really that interesting to me because I've been meaning to call you and get your opinions on stuffing a Cummins 5.9L turbo diesel in my rail happy11.gif !

Seriously though... I've learned a lot from your page and thanks.

Sean
Jake Raby
Cool. I am working to make more of this stuff better known!
scottb
i demand that jake give everyone on the board a free engine for making us all so mad! mad.gif mad.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

personally, i have given up on being offended by anyone. too many years of being yelled at does that. i know far to little regarding engines to even venture into a debate regarding 4 vs 6. i do know that i could jam a jake 4 into my car and annoy a good deal more people than i already do. and once my 2.0 starts giving me grief, i'm gonna give jake a ringy dingy...... until then, i will watch jakes video and wonder....

is he as ugly in real life as on the tape?! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

just kidding..... bootyshake.gif
Jake Raby
worse, but I have gained 20 pounds since then! That was almost 4 years ago!
Sammy
Did I miss something?
I saw the 4 vs. 6 thread where we were asked our opinions and a bunch of us offered our opinions on which engine we prefer, but that's all it was, opinions. Some liked the 4, many prefered the six.
I like coors light, my buddies like Budweiser. They like something different than I do but who cares?

Was there something else that I didn't see?
914forme
Good Job Sam, you now started a beer war!

I like mine dark, and high in alcohol content - ah, beer that is. biggrin.gif

Jake good luck with the future stuff and bring on the parts, books and info.
Mueller
Was there something else that I didn't see?

it was caused by another So-Cal trouble maker smile.gif

playing with a boxster thread , turned into /4 verses /6 for no \"real\" reason smile.gif
Joe Bob
WHAT????

No break up sex????

mueba.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 29 2004, 03:50 PM)
Good Job Sam, you now started a beer war!

I like mine dark, and high in alcohol content - ah, beer that is. biggrin.gif

Jake good luck with the future stuff and bring on the parts, books and info.

Beer, Bier - lightweights

Ale & Stout....................................,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.