Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jack point rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brandon113
hissyfit.gif This is the only rust I have found on the longs both sides are the same think I can just cut out the rust weld a plate in and then weld the jack plate and tube in? What do you all think the metal does clean up but the rust is way more than surface. One more think what are you folks treating the inside of the longs with that won't hurt the heater tubes......

Thanks

Brandon
two-strokejohn
I think upon closer inspection inside the long, you'll find more rust that should be repaired. If you let this go.... it can only get worse............ us east coast people can tell you horror stories about these areas.
billh1963
I think some extensive long repair is in your future......
somd914
Concur that there is more rust lurking in the shadows, but don't fear, it could be worse and can be repaired welder.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Brandon113
I am sure you guys are right, Though the car is solid and the door gaps are perfect but I know if you don't stop the rust it will keep going. I was hoping I could treat t he inside of the long with some kind of rust converter and not replace the long. So I guess I need to brace the door opening before I remove the long?

Thanks
Brandon
somd914
There are jigs out there to brace the door, can't think of source right now...

Hopefully it won't be all that bad - mine had sections replaced, not the entire long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.