Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, What are these tool's for??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
These tool's were given to me (free) by a business client. He said his father used to own some kind of Porsche (didn't know what model).

Any one know if they are valuable or used on a 914?

Tom
Picture attached.
Rusty
I believe those are 914/6 tools... used for oil line removal, adjusting the fan belt, etc.

If you have no need for them... I might be interested.
GWN7
The small open end one with the three hex holes is for adjusting folding closet doors. I have several in different sizes....
bondo
The threaded eye bolt is a tow hook.. screws into a threaded hole that's behind the plug on the left side of the rear bumper. (on early cars, not sure if late plastic bumpered cars have it or not)
GTeener
huh.gif Loosening lug nuts, tow hoop (my BMW has one of those loops), tire keys (looks like what I use on my bicycle tires only bigger and steel wink.gif ) and wrenches to loosen bolts
sanman
GTeener Im impressed
AndrewBlyholder
Rod and cylinders on the left are for tire lug nuts. You the put the round bar through the holes in the cylinder to create a handle, although the ones I've seen in the past have a longer bar for more leverage.

Andrew
GTeener
QUOTE(sanman @ Oct 29 2004, 12:32 PM)
GTeener Im impressed

Thanks! Doesn't mean I can fix my own 914 lol2.gif but I can identify parts biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ Oct 29 2004, 01:36 PM)
Rod and cylinders on the left are for tire lug nuts.

actually, those are for Spark-Plug removal ...

cool.gif Andy
Allan
Arent the rod and cylinders actually for spark plugs. Used to have one just like them for the lawnmower.
davep
agree.gif With Lawrence.

Some of them came with the 914/4, but only a few of them. This is from a 914/6.
TJB/914
GTeener is probably trying to set me up for a cheap sale.

I forgot to say they were made in Western Germany by Heyco (Chrom-Vanadium). The two that look like shoe horns is tough one to figure out??

Lawrence contact me & let me know what you want.

Tom
davep
The "shoe horns" look like tire irons used to pry a tire from the rim. You need at least two.
GWN7
The tire wrenchs look a little small. The only one's I have used were a lot longer. About 2' long. You need leverage to get the tire bead over the rim. The one's shown look more like for bycycle tires.
GTeener
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Oct 29 2004, 12:44 PM)
GTeener is probably trying to set me up for a cheap sale.

I forgot to say they were made in Western Germany by Heyco (Chrom-Vanadium). The two that look like shoe horns is tough one to figure out??

Lawrence contact me & let me know what you want.

Tom

I'm just playing the guessing game. I'm not a mechanic. I pay attention to the guys that are biggrin.gif
scruz914
Those two "shoe horns" are exactly the size for bike tires.

This one is for tightening and removing older style bicycle cranks.
Dave_Darling
Doesn't the Six crank pulley (or fan pulley) use a tool like that when you want to replace the belt?

The smaller tubular one may also be useable for removing the CHT sensor in an injected four-banger. If the interior of the hex is 13mm, at least.

--DD
HarveyH
Isn't this the tool for rebuilding Delta single lever faucets? blink.gif
Harvey
SLITS
Dental tools for Howard and Scott!
skline
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 29 2004, 02:59 PM)
Dental tools for Howard and Scott!

Ha Ha Ha, you a funny man Slits, now, how much for the little girls???
SLITS
Ya gotta take all three.................two blemished hats biggrin.gif
TJB/914
SLITS you are funny!!

Here another close-up of the 6-1/4" long special tools along with some other 914 stuff. One is the 914 hub cap puller & some tool pouches. Lots of other mystery tools.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.