Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If ya gotta buy British....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefool
Oh, man....

Just.... sigh.... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6277
Did you see the pitting on the chrome on the gas cap? What a junker!

laugh.gif

One of the prettiest automotive designs ever (next to 914s that is).
porschefool
Yeah,
For some reason, my favorite shapes are the 904, XKE, 917, Kournikova, pray.gif 914.
Am I alone?

Doubt it... aktion035.gif
When i was a kid and my father was doing DE's, we had a guy up in the NE that owned a 904 and regularly brought it to the track. Just so wonderful to be able to remember him roaring around the track. Probably only see them today at a Reunion or a vintage race at best.
d914
no, there is one shows up at Road atlanta for DE's. I think he's out of fla. He came toottling(sp) off of pit out and I had to smoke them up not to run him down.

I didn't want to be known as the guy who took out a 904 with a 14.....
TimT
that car is sshweet wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Rhodes71/914
Oh man I LOVE those cars!
d914 - yeah that would be....ummm.....bad biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
my dad had a v12 e type
scruz914
Sigh..... It doesn't get better than that, for a 4.2 anyway. Beautiful.
scottb
COME ON LOTTO!!!!

if i win i'm gonna buy that car and flog it all the way back east at full rpms!!!!!!

nah, not really..... but i would drive it while my teener was getting a new jake plant, flares and a full going over by brad.....

dear lord that is a purty car....
JWest
I've got a '68 E-type roadster - red. Prettiest car in the world. wub.gif
Joe Bob
That puppy gives me a stiffy.....

mueba.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 29 2004, 04:00 PM)
That puppy gives me a stiffy.....

mueba.gif

aaahhhhh...the canine fornicator speaks up.
morgan
I'm putting back together a 1972 V12 XKE for a customer right now. WE just had to put a weber kit on that V12 and headers. I just can not wait to here it run
JM
nebreitling
omg -- it's so beautiful it makes me feel sick.
Stutgart46
It looks great, but don't all British cars.
Just remember the begining to the "Gumball Rally". laugh.gif
Red-Beard
make me want to cream...

WOW that is a beautiful car... wub.gif
Eddie Williams
All XKs are beautiful. Here is my Dad's best friend in High School's XK150. Remember the movie Cruel Intentions? Sarah Michelle Gellar was willing to take it in the a$$ for the black 140 in that movie! Hmm classic Jag or a chance to hit her in the shitter.... hmm... I'm so confused...

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/gifs/1...150_licata.html
tod914
Just remember the begining to the "Gumball Rally".

Suuuure is a handsome design.

Gorgous car. Oh, and where is Steve to see if the Spedometer is correct for that year?
Katmanken
Gawd,

I 've always loved those things....... drooley.gif

Worked with an optical physicist who was a Jag nut.
He had a 1967 6 XKE coupe and a 1973 12 XKE Coupe.

He called the 1967 his "ladies car" and his 1973 "a brute"

Seems that if you park them side by side, the 12 cylinder version has flared fenders and enormous tires. Hard to keep the 12 from spinning the tires tho.

Dis guy fixed them up and used to get high 90's in the concours weenie shows. He sewed leather, did immaculate bodywork and fixed everything. Taught me a lot.

His real prize was an XK150. Bought it from a guy who had started restoring the car, had bought all new everythings, and had picked up all the small parts on business trips to England. He got a primered chassis awaiting paint, restored wire wheels, all interior and body parts, an engine in parts with all work done, all of the car parts in marked bags, and a photo album of the dissassembly/restoration process. It was a complete kit...

Price? When Don showed up in his immaculate black XKE 12, The PO realized this was the guy he wanted to finish his baby. Don got it for $1500 and the guy trucked it to his house..... blink.gif

I need a deal like that!!! Anybody like my work? biggrin.gif

Ken
Bruce Allert
.......way, way back in '73 I worked for British Motor Car in downtown Portland. Was in the detail dept. When the cars were delivered off the ships a bunch of us "had" to go get them off the docks. The drive was about 8 miles or so back to the sales building and there were some nice twisties in between. I always ran for the XKE's, Lotus' and an occasional TR6. I was in HOG HEAVEN boldblue.gif

.....b
tdgray
I love my MGA.... but that is a different class altogether. Definite stiffy here wub.gif
Hawktel
You can tell its British in the second picture where its got the cardboard under the rear punkin. (they don't have a Transaxle in them do they?)

They are dead sexy ain't they. I always turn and look when a properly kept up old Jag rolls by.
Brad Smith
QUOTE(Eddie Williams @ Oct 29 2004, 06:37 PM)
All XKs are beautiful. Here is my Dad's best friend in High School's XK150. Remember the movie Cruel Intentions? Sarah Michelle Gellar was willing to take it in the a$$ for the black 140 in that movie! Hmm classic Jag or a chance to hit her in the shitter.... hmm... I'm so confused...

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/gifs/1...150_licata.html

I'm not confused. I'd take the car- those go 0 to BJ in about 2.3 seconds. smilie_pokal.gif

Oh... hi eveyone. How's that for a first post? laugh.gif
scruz914
I had to check on the final price. $57,100! Friend said it would go close to $60k. He wasn't too far off.

And now back to our 914s.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.