Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT but still Porsche content 928 GT special car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
SUNAB914
My buddy from up north found this 91 928GT in my neck of the woods, and come to find out it is probably a one of a kind and for sale. 91 GT did not come with the GTS rear fatter fenders. All research so far shows this was a custom build at the factory, and there may not be another one like it. Car is is great driving condition, 3rd owner, my friend being the third and has 60K miles. I took it for a drive and was really impressed with it. I can't afford to buy it but he does have it for sale. We will be at the 928 Shark Frenzy this weekend in Sterling Va. Just wanted to share.
Click to view attachment
SUNAB914
Click to view attachmentsorry for double picClick to view attachment
SUNAB914
Click to view attachment1 more.
rick 918-S
Is that a MN car/guy? assimilate.gif
billh1963
Nice....the only Porsche I truly lusted after in high school and college. driving.gif
tomeric914
How much are they asking for it? (like I need another screwy.gif)
racerbvd
He really needs to get a set of the D90s for that car (if he doesn't already) if it truly is a one of a kind..
pete000
I could be possible the rear fenders were added?

Porsche Cars C.O.A. should show if they were from the factory or if there is something special about this car.
speed metal army
Its got a nice fat butt!!I like it!If they were added after the fact,nice job.
DonTraver
Love the license plate. I saw 2 WWII U-Boats in Germany. One's outside of Kiel the other is in Bremerhaven.
jimkelly
1st dibs on the headlight assemblies.

i want to graft them into my 914.

popcorn[1].gif

that is one absolutely beautiful car !!!
gollygwagen
Love the sharks, thinking to get one to drive along with the 914.
ldsgeek
The plate is a reference to Tom Cruise's hit, "Risky Business". After the 928 falls in the lake? and is towed to the shop, the mechanic comes out and asks "Who's the U-Boat captain?" One of the best lines in the movie, I think.
SUNAB914
Rick, you are correct, he is from your neck of the woods. The license plate was tranferred from his GTS, he says old army and navy guys always shoot him the bird on the highway. I think we all get the real meaning here.
This really a special car, it was built that way not after the fact. My buddy (Steve) said i could show it here and if you are really interested you can PM your number and I will pass it on to him. I hate to be a middle man but I will try to help.
Also, he took took the original GT wheels off, they will go with the sale.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Oct 4 2012, 11:22 AM) *

The plate is a reference to Tom Cruise's hit, "Risky Business". After the 928 falls in the lake? and is towed to the shop, the mechanic comes out and asks "Who's the U-Boat captain?" One of the best lines in the movie, I think.

I had to look that up... just when you think the 928 is safe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endsc...p;v=bodVVtqmbZE
Though it seems he asks "Who's the U-Boat commander?" to be specific!
racerbvd
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 4 2012, 04:22 AM) *

1st dibs on the headlight assemblies.

i want to graft them into my 914.

popcorn[1].gif

that is one absolutely beautiful car !!!

I have a set of complete headlights from a 968, PM me for info biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.