Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Renegade Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
Can anyone tell me the how the 4 hose fittings on the Renegade pump are connected? I'm guessing the left block fitting goes to the identical bottom fitting of the pump and the right block fitting connects to the identical top pump fitting. I'm wondering if it even matters. Click to view attachment
bulitt
I'm using an electric pump, but maybe this top pic will help.

Click to view attachment
bulitt
re-post
Bruce Hinds

I'm using an electric pump, but maybe this top pic will help.

Hey Bulitt,
Tell me about the electric pump, just wondering which one and how it does in everyday driving. Do I need a bigger alternator?

In answer to the pump hose set up, it doesn't matter. What does matter is the arch in the hoses, it can cause air pockets if there's too much arch in the hoses.

Also, mine is opposite the one in the picture. I put the alternator on the circut board side and the water pump on the driver's side since thats the side ther return line from the radiator is on.
bulitt
Apologize for a quick hi-jack.

Bruce- I am using a Dedenbear WP3. 20 gals /minute. Only uses 3amps.
It feeds the Dedenbear water manifold with one hose. The manifold is cast to distribute flow equally. The pump can bolt on to either end of the manifold.
This allows the use of the stock fuel pump!
Only have used this on the test stand, and it ran for an hour without overheating. Finishing rust repairs so never been on the road with it yet.
Guy (914GT) turned me onto this setup and he has been using it since 2004? without issues. Other's have used the Meziere pump with dual outlet hoses (914SBC, for one.).
It's small, quiet, and supposed to operate for @3000hrs. Replacement motors cost @98$
Pump was @ 270$, manifold @105$
It's a clean set-up and you may want to approach Guy with additional questions.

You can see it hiding under the fuel pump. Just welded on an angle bracket and bolted it on with two rubber isolators.

Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
OOPs, yes, sorry for the hi-jack....

The answer to the question if you missed it was:

It doesn't matter. What does matter is the arch in the hoses, it can cause air pockets if there's too much arch in the hoses.

Also, mine is opposite the one in the picture. I put the alternator on the circut board side and the water pump on the driver's side since thats the side ther return line from the radiator is on.

Mike Bellis
Here's mine... Right before I sold it...

Click to view attachment
computers4kids
my setup
pete
Great! Thanks for the pics. However, after looking at them now I'm curious about something else. I bought this engine with the 914 engine mounting bracket. Why are the mounting points shorter on mine? See pic.Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(pete @ Oct 5 2012, 07:46 AM) *

Great! Thanks for the pics. However, after looking at them now I'm curious about something else. I bought this engine with the 914 engine mounting bracket. Why are the mounting points shorter on mine? See pic.

Home brew bracket maybe. You might need some hardened washers above to clear the mounting console. Each car is slightly different. I need 3/8" to clear mine. Install just the engine bracket and see if it works. If not, add a washer, or another...
Mike Bellis
Pics of my rotary engine bracket. Much less on top than my V8 bracket. I welded washers in place for this one...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.