Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black22
I know we have a member from Running Springs here.

Is this the owner of the Black '76 with tan interior I saw parked outside of Big Bear auto?

Looked pretty nice! Kept good and clean. With A/C too!l aktion035.gif

No pics...sorry! I did a walk around and no one approached. Didn't want to look too creepy so I left. Everyone there looked busy.
SLITS
Gary lives in Big Bear but I don't remember the color of his car.

I used to live in Big Bear and then Running Springs and now Crestline, but my car is in Riverslime.

Helomech (Robert) lives in Running Springs, but has no 914 anymore ... he got a girlfriend.

There's a dentist in Lake Arrowhead with two sons and two 914s but they are not close to the condition you describe.

I'm no help
Black22
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 4 2012, 04:26 PM) *

I used to live in Big Bear and then Running Springs and now Crestline, but my car is in Riverslime.

Helomech (Robert) lives in Running Springs, but has no 914 anymore ... he got a girlfriend.

There's a dentist in Lake Arrowhead with two sons and two 914s but they are not close to the condition you describe.

I'm no help

Thanks Ron....I think blink.gif
76-914
I think I met him @ G&R a few years back, but forgot his name. It was a 1.8, right?
Black22
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 4 2012, 05:34 PM) *

I think I met him @ G&R a few years back, but forgot his name. It was a 1.8, right?

confused24.gif Didn't look underneath at the HE's and it had the rain tray in so I couldn't see the intake.

Aren't all 76's 2.0L from the factory?
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 4 2012, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 4 2012, 05:34 PM) *

confused24.gif Didn't look underneath at the HE's and it had the rain tray in so I couldn't see the intake.

Aren't all 76's 2.0L from the factory?

Why, Yes, YES they are!
jim_hoyland
Did you get the VIN ? You can search the VIN database and see if it's been listed; if not, you can add the VIN....

BTW CHTand Wideband are working good. I'm still working on getting a baseline.
Black22
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 4 2012, 06:31 PM) *

Did you get the VIN ? You can search the VIN database and see if it's been listed; if not, you can add the VIN....

BTW CHTand Wideband are working good. I'm still working on getting a baseline.

Looked at the VIN (that's how I knew it was a 76), that and the BBB's. Didn't log the VIN though.

Good to hear about the gauges.

Still tweaking mine. I'm still too rich at WOT. If I get that dialed in at 12.5 I'm running 16-17 AFR at cruise. That's ok with me but it doesn't have a good take off from the line and definitely doesn't have the power through the range as when my WOT readings are at 11.5 WOT 15-16 at cruise.
boogie_man
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 4 2012, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 4 2012, 04:26 PM) *

I'm no help

Thanks Ron....I think blink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.