Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Capacity
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
My 914 is a bone stock driver, and will probably always stay that way. But reading some of the posts on this site and oggling thepicture of tricked-out track cars has made me curious.

How many quarts does it typically take to fill one of yer fancy front end cooler systems?

..and i take it a beefed-up oil pump is a must-have item?
Brad Roberts
I run the tuna can and a front mounted cooler with -12 braided lines and I end up running 5 quarts total (about 1 1/4 over stock)

B
914Timo
My 3.0 six with front oil cooler and 18mm id lines swallows about 14 liters oil :cursor:
Zeke
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 12:00 AM)
I run the tuna can and a front mounted cooler with -12 braided lines and I end up running 5 quarts total (about 1 1/4 over stock)

B

B, do you run any one way check valves in the system?
fuch toy
There is a check valve/thermostat in most of the adapter plates that run off the oil filter.....
Zeke
Are you sure that the T-stat doubles as a check valve? When you pull in from a run and shut down, the T-stat will stay open long enough for the oil in the cooler to run back into the sump of the case. At least in any situation where the the cooler and lines are elevated above the normal oil level or the adaptor itself (whcih is just about every one I've seen).
Brad Roberts
I do not run a one way valve.. and I rarely use the sandwhich plate. I normally run a block off plate for the factory cooler with AN fittings tapped into it. This is typically above my front mounted coolers. I do use the MOCAL thermostat and run it close to the cooler. It may or may not have a check valve in it.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.