Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Belgium 2012 Video!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nürburg Nomad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9A0tVlFLGc

Found this interesting 914 centered video on YouTube... curious if any of our European members recognize any of the cars or owners as 914 World members or have seen any of them on the street before?

Looks like there are 25-30+ 914's in total, plus a run-in with a moped army @ 1:07 in, and an assorted Boxster & 911.

The video only had 40 views as of my finding and it doesn't highlight all that much driving so I imagine this wasn't a well known gathering... though I particularly like the Gulf colored 914, and spotted at least one with U.S. side markers with what are probably euro lenses swapped back on for the front turn signals.
Gustl
I know some of the cars and guys seen there, but can't say for sure if they're members here

there's a metallic blue 914-6 at 0:35s - that's 914World member "toni2105", my dear friend from Bavaria, Germany

thanks for sharing the video beerchug.gif

gofor914
The video was taken at the International 914 event in Marche en Famenne Belgium. From 8 different countries came participants, all thogether 70 cars. It was great fun
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 5 2012, 10:39 AM) *

I know some of the cars and guys seen there, but can't say for sure if they're members here

there's a metallic blue 914-6 at 0:35s - that's 914World member "toni2105", my dear friend from Bavaria, Germany

thanks for sharing the video beerchug.gif

Awesome! Somewhat undiscovered 914 videos and photos on the internet are often interesting! popcorn[1].gif

I love Bavaria (as I'm part Bavarian), though some would say Baden-Württemberg has a leg up when it comes to the autos. biggrin.gif

How's the weather in Austria lately? I'd love to make it over for some mountain biking in the Tirol sooner than later... as mountain driving in the Tirol with my 914 would be a bit more costly endeavor relative to shipping!
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(gofor914 @ Oct 5 2012, 12:06 PM) *

The video was taken at the International 914 event in Marche en Famenne Belgium. From 8 different countries came participants, all thogether 70 cars. It was great fun

Excellent, I see you just joined, did you happen to make or post the video? I've only just now heard of the event, is it annual or only every so many years?

+/- 70 914's is an excellent showing! Know anywhere to find more driving video of them, especially through narrow European streets and the scenic country side? driving.gif

Oh, and welcome.png !!!
Gustl
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 10:51 AM) *

How's the weather in Austria lately? I'd love to make it over for some mountain biking in the Tirol sooner than later... as mountain driving in the Tirol with my 914 would be a bit more costly endeavor relative to shipping!

well, this season wasn't as goog as last year's
we had plenty of rain in Tirol, I just did about 600 mls with my new Gary Fisher dry.gif
I'm afraid the season is over now, maybe the one or the other day possible to do a tour this year

Gustl
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 10:57 AM) *

I've only just now heard of the event, is it annual or only every so many years?

that's the annual big internation 914 meeting
it alway takes place in different countries
over the last couple of years it was in Spain, England, Germany, France, Swizerland, Belgium ...
next yeat it will be in Austria smilie_pokal.gif
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 6 2012, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 10:51 AM) *

well, this season wasn't as goog as last year's
we had plenty of rain in Tirol, I just did about 600 mls with my new Gary Fisher dry.gif
I'm afraid the season is over now, maybe the one or the other day possible to do a tour this year

A lot of rain is better than none right? biggrin.gif Or perhaps not when it comes to 914 rust? blink.gif

That's still a fair amount of miles... especially if that's a mountain bike! My mountain bike is a Gary Fisher too, I actually had the good fortune of meeting him the day after I bought my 2012 Rumblefish Pro earlier this year which he signed, after which I was invited to a mountain biking breakfast with him and others the next morning! Though I am far from advanced when it comes to cycling of the off-road variety. Nearly time for skiing now, right?!

QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 6 2012, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 10:57 AM) *

I've only just now heard of the event, is it annual or only every so many years?

that's the annual big internation 914 meeting
it alway takes place in different countries
over the last couple of years it was in Spain, England, Germany, France, Swizerland, Belgium ...
next yeat it will be in Austria smilie_pokal.gif

Hmm, maybe I should fly the 914 to Austria after all! I think I'll need an engine rebuild first... Now Accepting Donations! first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.