Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing Waters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
All, I've been surfing this brotherhood of 914 for 6/7 years now. You have all provided me with a wealth for knowledge and enjoyment - and I thank us all for this.

Last month, I was diagnosed with lymophma....so with all the future hospital visits to the City of Hope in Duarte Calif......I thought I post a "what's" it worth post here.
I've been collecting parts for a big type 4 as per my master tech Porsche friend.

Here's what I have:
2.0 case opened up for 103
Set of reworked and balanced rods
Set of reworked big valve 2.0 heads
A 75 stroked nitriaded crank
911 oil / cooling squrter in 2.0 case
JE forged 103 and reworked AA 103s
2.0 case has been line bored and tap for plugs
All over sized bearing along with intermediate shaft / cam bearings
New set of factory rod bolts

What are these worth?. I ask, because once recovered from this disease, I don't think I will find time to finalize / build it......

Thank you

B2524

I would say hold on to the motor and put it together after your recovery. I had lung cancer and recovered from it. Now I am back at the car game again. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Good luck with your treatment.

KD
luskesq
I agree with KD. Unless $ is the issue, having that project ready to resume when you are up for it can be a good thing for the psyche. After two major cancer surgeries with follow up chemo and radiation, I can relate.

The best of thoughts to you.

Keith
r3dplanet
I agree that you should hold off on selling for the time being.

I've been dealing with multiple myeloma for six years now. At first my chances were super low so I gave away or sold all my toys, including my '62 Ford Falcon. I really regret doing so. I think you'd be better off waiting until you recover from your initial chemo and land back on your feet. Then decide if you want to part with your things. What nobody is going to tell you is that you'll normalize and your life will proceed in a new normal way. You'll improve and normalize also. Trust me on this one. For me, my new normal means twice-weekly chemo infusions, constant bone marrow biopsies, high fatigue, anemia, etc. But I'm up and walking and talking and working and despite all of the maintenance, I feel pretty normal. I look at it as though I've picked up another time-consuming hobby. You'll need time to get your head wrapped around things. So give yourself some time.

I have many friends with lymphoma now that I'm part of the hemotologic malignancy club. All of them are living their lives, although with irritating limits. My advice is to hoard your things unless you start to hit financial ruin, the most common side effect of modern cancer.

-marcus
Jgilliam914
My dad was diagnosed 10 months ago and he is doing great! Back then they were talking weeks and months he is even surprising the experts in their respective fields! Attitude is everything! Hang in there and pray for the best.!
All, thank you for bringing in some clarity to my concern. For now, I will take all of our advice.

Thanks again and all the best to my 914 family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.