Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SAW MY 914 TODAY almost ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
struckn
My 914 has been at TranslogGT in York since April. Met with Tony today and saw my car for the first time since it went into the shop for a complete Engine tear down and Rebuild top to bottom. Heads, Cam(for Carbs), Bearings, Bushings, etc.

Engine's done, looks band new, Tranny is repaired, new Clutch Disk and Release Bushing, new Stainless Steel Gas Lines, new Throttle Cable, Tins and Bellows, R & R, new shft linkage bushings.....to much to mention.

Only thing left is to replace the Brake Master Cylinder that was leaking so it passes Pa. State Inspection. Also replacing the Battery getting a new Battery (with vent tube). Hoping to be bring her home next week.

Doug

IPB Image

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif bye1.gif
bigkensteele
Great looking car! Hope you get in back in time for a little driving.gif before it is time to put it to bed for winter.
struckn
Thanks, My thoughts exactly. Translog had it longer then I've owned her I think, but if it's done right I think it will have been worth it. Correction....Actually it was, Tony during disassembly found a problem where the PO apparently replaced the clutch and left out the Shaft Bushing on the tranny when he, or who ever, did the work. It would have been a matter of time and it could have been ugly.

Also, found out she was running on three cylinders when I took it in for a valve adjustment and he found that one of the valve seats had dislodged. Great save there too.
okieflyr
Glad you got it back in time for the ECC in VA chowtime.gif . Since she's all tuned up, it will be a nice fall ride down to Scotty's where we can all see it before it get's packed up for the winter. poke.gif
lonewolfe
Wow, your car looks great. Looks a lot like my 72'. What is the color? Is that Irish Green? Mine is an original Irish Green car and is in need of a new paint job. It looks great with the black bumpers. I've considered black bumpers as well but have not seen an early green car with them. Now I have and I like it. I hope to get mine finished over the winter. Building a 2258cc motor to run with Dellorto carbs. Should be a reallyt fun car.

QUOTE(struckn @ Oct 5 2012, 06:10 PM) *

My 914 has been at TranslogGT in York since April. Met with Tony today and saw my car for the first time since it went into the shop for a complete Engine tear down and Rebuild top to bottom. Heads, Cam(for Carbs), Bearings, Bushings, etc.

Engine's done, looks band new, Tranny is repaired, new Clutch Disk and Release Bushing, new Stainless Steel Gas Lines, new Throttle Cable, Tins and Bellows, R & R, new shft linkage bushings.....to much to mention.

Only thing left is to replace the Brake Master Cylinder that was leaking so it passes Pa. State Inspection. Also replacing the Battery getting a new Battery (with vent tube). Hoping to be bring her home next week.

Doug

IPB Image

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif bye1.gif

struckn
Thanks, Mine is a ZAMBEZI Green 914 and I'm happy with the all black bumper, no plans to change it. Next thing in the future will be rear springs and then later on twin carbs but not in a hurry, frankly it's fast enough for me with the single carb. My goal is to have a dependable trouble free car mechanically not a track car. Although I do enjoy twisty back roads and running the gears up and down. I use to autocross in the 70's and took an E/Stock State Championship in a V8 Gremlin X. Eight First's.
It's the truth lol-2.gif
jersey914
Good looking ride! Good luck with it. I hope it serves you well!

drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.