Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Must see TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Tonight on American Hot Rod , RAT ROD 2 Bluebear is a team leader and he alienates his team. This should be good. At least thats what the TV directory says. And check out the cars they are using.
CCLINRATRODFROMHELL
Eddie Williams
We had Junk Yard Dog 2. Repeat.
boxstr
Yeah Ive seen that a couple of times, the 56 Chevy.
This one is called Rat Rod 2. Great.
Never mind. Guess I'll go out and putz in the garage.
CCLINKILLYOURTV
rhodyguy
did anyone smack bb in the head with a big piece of pipe?

kevin
boxstr
No they would have to remove it from his ass first.
CCLINREPEATCITY
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 29 2004, 10:47 PM)
did anyone smack bb in the head with a big piece of pipe?

kevin

i volunteer myself laugh.gif
andys
Though realizing this show (and others like it) are designed for entertainment value (personalities and such), I think it makes one question Boyd's (the business) reputation as a quality builder. Would you want a Bluebear built rod (a very expensive one to boot!)? Outside of Charlie Hutton, there are probably a host of very experienced fabricators and restorers somewhere in the rarely seen background (or at least there better be!).

Andy
Aaron Cox
agree.gif , the one old grumpy guy seems to know what he is doing "i did this back in 43, Im better than this, wasting my time..." biggrin.gif
boxstr
I thought about that. Here you have a guy getting a 32 roadster built for him at $130000, and then he tunes in the Discovery Channel program to see exactly how his car was built. I would be a little more careful about what I was showing to the cameras.
CCLINBRIZIOFORPRES.
Rhodes71/914
I always assumed that it was all for show. If the car being built on the show was for the show and not just some random car they were building for a customer. ie the person having the car built knew that it was going to be on the show and took some of the stuff "done for the cameras" was just that. But then again who really know what happens when the cameras are turned off and how things are edited.
Aaron Cox
kinda makes me think they are losing credibility (but making MUCHO DINERO off the disc. channel)!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.