Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid torsion spring orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
993inNC
Does anyone have a picture of the orientation of the engine lid's torsion springs that bolt to the underside of the lids?

Seems I didn't take any pics of that area during dis-assembly smile.gif
dlee6204
Don't ask why its upside down. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
993inNC
No worries, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks again! Are there rubber bumpers on the hinge? Hard to see in the pic
dlee6204
It looks like it.
Elliot Cannon
I cut one of the torsion springs out of mine. Now when you open the lid, it only pops up a few inches. You don't have to worry about guarding it, so it doesn't slam open. Of course it won't stay fully open so maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. av-943.gif
993inNC
Well I decided they were bumpers and found a couple in my bag for the decklid which would make sense smile.gif So I cleaned them and on they went.
My first project complete (albeit small) in the re-assembly of Summer. Waiting for shocks to come this week then we work towards making the car a rolling chassis again! cheer.gif

Btw, and it's too late now but I thought it would be cool to have fresh gold lettering next to the new black grill..............forgot it might get lost amongst all that yellow ........damn it!

And yes I know the lettering is not to factory spec for spacing but I though it looked better to be able to read the name as apposed to P .................... O ..................... R ................. S ......................................... C .................... H ................. E smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.