Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Alien™ Mother !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
more interesting stuff from "Das Grosse VWPorsche Buch" ...

====================================
this time, we have a 928 powered 914! Looks like we found the Alien™ Mothership!
this conversion was done by a german named Raymond Wagner in the mid 80's ...

all bodywork (flares, air-scoops etc.) is made of metal, no FG on the car,
the roof is steel and welded in like on the 916s.
the back firewall was moved forward and the engine comp./trunk wall was moved backwards to gain enough space for the 8 cylinder engine.
he used a heavily modified (and shortened) 915 transmission.

Wagner was invited by Porsche to come to Weissach to have the car "inspected" by the factory engineers. after a thorough inspection, porsche asked if they could have one of their test-drivers go for a ride. Wagner agreed and got into the passenger seat.
his comment after the 1/2 hour "test drive":
"I had to hold on to the car after i got out. my legs had turned to jelly and i couldn't walk for a few minutes!"
====================================

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
page 1
SirAndy
page 2
SirAndy
page 3
seanery
The alien looks better! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
Man Sir Andy! Nice find! I've been looking for info on this car! This is one of two built by the same guy! He also built a 4 cam "S" !!! The first time I saw the car was a link Jeff B. posted I think. The guy had the two cars for sale. This one was listed for $50,000.00 and the 4 cam for $70,000.00! Really cool!

BTW: it looks like we are of one mind! assimilate.gif Like 20 years later I shortened my transaxle the same way! assimilate.gif freaky!
SpecialK
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 29 2004, 07:30 PM)
The alien looks better! smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif beer.gif
Gustl
this 914-V8 was for sale in Jan-2004 - his owner claims that it was the "original" conversion and refers to the "Das Grosse VW-Porsche Buch"

see the ad from a german oldtimer mag:
IPB Image

the text says:
914-V8 with 4,7 L 928 S engine, 310 PS,
steel roof, 8 and 9"x15 Fuchs, grey-metallic,
no rust, low milage, published in the "Das
grosse VW-Porsche Buch" from M. Klodt,
price 28.000,- Details at phone
0172/7233877

[EUR 28.000 is about 36,000 US$]

I do know that this owner had a second really exciting car for sale, the famous Nordstadt Käfer.
This was a nice conversion, a bug body on a 914-6 chassis, equiped by a 2.7 RS engine with 210 PS. There were only 2 cars built ...

I know, this article is german, and most of you guys can't read it, but take a look at the pics and the compare with the other cars!
Maybe Andy could provide a kind of translation with all the importand facts included?

So long,
Gustl
hargray2
Volksworld had a good feature on that beetle. Pretty detailed article with quite a few pictures and in English. I have it layin' 'round somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.