Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need to drop it to access it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lennyhope
Do you think I will need to drop out the engine in order to fit new cooling flaps etc. in the fan shroud of my stock 1700??
dlee6204
Yes.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 6 2012, 01:57 PM) *

Yes.

agree.gif
lennyhope
Is it not a simple case of removing the tinware at that point?
SirAndy
QUOTE(lennyhope @ Oct 6 2012, 02:07 PM) *

No. The front fan shroud needs to come off and you can't do that with the engine in the car ...
shades.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2012, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(lennyhope @ Oct 6 2012, 02:07 PM) *

No. The front fan shroud needs to come off and you can't do that with the engine in the car ...
shades.gif

I don't recall having to remove the fan housing to do this, but I do agree it's easier out of the car.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
I'm with the Cap'n on this one; I also don't remember the fan shroud needing to be off the engine.

I find it difficult to pull the left-side tin off the engine even with it out of the car, though. The one on my car likes to hang up on the dipstick tube, in particular.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2012, 03:29 PM) *
I'm with the Cap'n on this one; I also don't remember the fan shroud needing to be off the engine.

Well now you tell me ... rolleyes.gif

I found it easier with all the stuff out of the way, but apparently it's not mandatory.
smash.gif
jim_hoyland
When you install the new flaps,please do a write up and post. I'm also interested in doing this and have all the parts needed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.