Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FINALLY! Someone has taken advantage of my offer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I was approached by a Canadian with a 911 in need of a trans rebuild. He was hoping that I was going to have a clinic in Canada soon, but this is was not likely as I am way too busy. However, I have always offered up to let people come for one on one sessions in my garage on a weekend. Today the guy and his son came down and after 6 hours we had a nice rebuilt gear box smile.gif

This is still a possibility for others that I wish more people would take me up on.
Rleog
That a physician would devote six hours of precious weekend free time to a one on one transmission rebuild for a stranger speaks volumes for the character of this guy.

I realize that this humble man may not need accolades, but the 914 community is fortunate to have members like him.
Dr Evil
Kind of you to say, Bob. I did get paid, though wink.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 7 2012, 07:41 AM) *

Kind of you to say, Bob. I did get paid, though wink.gif

Translation:

HAPPY ENDING!

What happens between consenting adults behind closed garage doors is between them and the amount paid. I'm sure when if google'd "Dr. Evil Tranny Clinic" those who respond and willing to pay can't all be about transmissions. screwy.gif
pete-stevers
You said Canadian...to be specific was he a Torontonian, a Calgarian, or a Vancovourite....or some where inbetween
balljoint
And is the happy ending extra $$$$????! laugh.gif
hot_shoe914
He's not a real doctor, he just plays one on this forum.
Mary Shortridge
That is SO awesome! I still count myself lucky that you made a house call to Kansas!!!
02loftsmoor
I stopped by early in the year to your garage and you did a quik overview for me and I bought your disk, and pick up on the tricks you have figgured out,, Thank you Dr. Evel,, the transmisson master pray.gif

Wes
scotty b
So surprising it took a Canadian to fall for follow through on your offer. rolleyes.gif

If you people only knew ..............
Dr Evil
He was a Tornotonian.

Scooter,
mittelmotor
Any chance you'd do another SoCal clinic? I'd be your first paying customer. I need to find some H gears for 5th...want to flip 4th for 3rd, 3rd for 4th, and leave 1st and 2nd stock for my LS1-powered car.

Hey other SoCalers, any interest?

--Doug
Dr Evil
No time in the near future. All of my off time will be for moving and paternity leave. Maybe some time after June.
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 7 2012, 06:26 PM) *

He was a Tornotonian.

Scooter,

ohmy.gif

Oh - for a second I thought you said he was a Torontonian.

yeah - the guys from Tornoto travel everywhere.
914_teener
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Oct 7 2012, 05:28 PM) *

Any chance you'd do another SoCal clinic? I'd be your first paying customer. I need to find some H gears for 5th...want to flip 4th for 3rd, 3rd for 4th, and leave 1st and 2nd stock for my LS1-powered car.

Hey other SoCalers, any interest?

--Doug

I've got a good core I need to do....I'd prefer to have help.

So I would be in for that. Couldn't be until springtime next year though.
gothspeed
I'll be up for a socal clinic ... smile.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Oct 7 2012, 07:19 PM) *

I'll be up for a socal clinic ... smile.gif

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.