Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: my new project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
My newest project, a '67 Land Rover Series IIA, in pieces. I needed something that handled a little better. sunglasses.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gearhead1432
Nice Land Rover. I've always liked the short wheel base trucks.

That's the first time I've seen a bare chassis and I'm suprised how far aft the engine sits.

-Rob
Dave_Darling
Hey, it's "front-mid engined"!

Must have one of those heads where intake and exhaust ports are on the same side, I see eight ports with paper towels in them and that's not big enough to be a straight-eight.

--DD
rick 918-S
Cool, Love those things.
JawjaPorsche
Should not take more than half of day to put back together! Crack on!
badm
You are going to love it !!!! Names to remember. Rovers north (VT) new and used parts and Atlantic British (NY) new parts, Badger coach works (MA) used hard to find parts and new interior trim. DAP parts (VT) new and used parts. Have fun. Badm. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
I hear the sound of Lucas chuckling at the thought of a new victim..... biggrin.gif
FourBlades

Cool!

Post lots of pictures of the resto.

John
porbmw
Not enough rust.... dry.gif

Seriously, just saw one of these on the road within the last week, thought "how very cool"

Have fun with it! beerchug.gif
hcdmueller
I have been looking for an early Defender for the past few years. I keep finding nice ones, but the wife doesn't want a RHD vehicle. She can drive it no problem, but the chances of us living back in England are pretty slim. Even the old ones are some of the best off road vehicles I have driven.
benalishhero
Sweet!

Lots of nuts and bolts in your future.....
Cevan
So I've been working on my Land Rover. I got to do some rust repair on the bulkhead.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Removed the engine/trans/transfer case:

Click to view attachment

Stripped the frame:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Maybe someone will do this to a teener - hot dip galvanizing:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
Nice project. Someone already dipped a 914. One of our MN friends I believe.
Porsche930dude
i saw a 55 in the junk yard a few years ago. very sad. and whats worse is i didnt know anything about them to know what parts to grab
steuspeed
That hot dip is awesome! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.