Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Family Portrait
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Couldn't resist this photo op yesterday. Please ignore the lack of Fuch center caps.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And my favorite. It would appear that the "Man Upstairs" approves. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
The fuchs look awesome Kent!
wingnut86
Put a SIX in that Ghia!!!

aktion035.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Oct 7 2012, 09:25 AM) *

agree.gif
potomacmidget
Love that Ghia...my 1st car in 1985 was a red 71 Ghia...but mine had dreaded rust issues....had to lift the doors to close them...yours looks great, nice renunion!
Tom
Nice looking cars Kent.
Tom
76-914
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Oct 7 2012, 09:45 AM) *

agree.gif

Funny you say that. Just need to rearrange the words. I'm going to put it up for sale to finance a Suby Six in Blackie.

QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Oct 7 2012, 09:52 AM) *

Love that Ghia...my 1st car in 1985 was a red 71 Ghia...but mine had dreaded rust issues....had to lift the doors to close them...yours looks great, nice renunion!

Thanks. This is the most rust free Ghia your likely to see. Spent it's entire life in a garage until a divorce when it was shot several times by an drunken angry ex. Afterwards he stored in an metal storage container for 10 yr's. It was my first automotive project and I stumbled upon it not knowing what a find it was for several years.
scotty b
Needs a bus, a Benz and a 911 poke.gif
mittelmotor
Very nice! A given that we love 914s, but I'm a big Ghia fan too. I totally dig my V-8 914, but I do miss the happy clatter of a pushrod flat-4...so there might be a Ghia, Thing or pre-'68 Bug in my future.
Tom_T
Sweet!
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 7 2012, 06:43 PM) *

agree.gif
rjames
Actually, it looks like the 'man upstairs' approves of the plant. biggrin.gif

Great looking family, looks like they play nice together. smile.gif
913B
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 7 2012, 02:34 PM) *

agree.gif

Funny you say that. Just need to rearrange the words. I'm going to put it up for sale to finance a Suby Six in Blackie.

Thanks. This is the most rust free Ghia your likely to see. Spent it's entire life in a garage until a divorce when it was shot several times by an drunken angry ex. Afterwards he stored in an metal storage container for 10 yr's. It was my first automotive project and I stumbled upon it not knowing what a find it was for several years.

Did you ever purchases the SUby mount from Ian ? I am trying to save also for the mount also. Was shipping expensive ?
'73-914kid
What are you going to be doing for enter caps on those fuchs Kent? IIRC, Al was trying to sell his along with his fuchs..
gothspeed
Cool thread ...... shades.gif
OU8AVW
Is that Ghia red or burnt orange. It's a 69 right? I have a special reason for asking.
76-914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 7 2012, 03:43 PM) *

I left my card on a dead van along the roadside Friday. We'll see. No more Benz for me. Had 2 of them, Enough said! And, for now I prefer 914's to 911's. BTW, thx for the great pic's that you post. You have saved me from countless hour's of screwing up. beerchug.gif

QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 8 2012, 10:19 AM) *

Actually, it looks like the 'man upstairs' approves of the plant. biggrin.gif

One second after that shot was taken the sky parted and that light beam split into 3 equal parts spread upon my lot. biggrin.gif
Great looking family, looks like they play nice together. smile.gif

QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 8 2012, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 7 2012, 02:34 PM) *

agree.gif

Did you ever purchases the SUby mount from Ian ? I am trying to save also for the mount also. Was shipping expensive ?

Not yet but Ian will get my business, eventually. I missed out on a LL Suby w/ a 6 and could kick myself in the arse. headbang.gif I've been chasing this dream for a few month's now and have come up with a suitable plan of attack. Find a donor, strip it, begin testing the 914 (while the existing power plant is still in the body)to locate hi/lo area's of pressure for oil, water and possible turbo cooling purposes, sell the existing drive train (which currently has < 100 hr's TT), buy a Miller Mig welder.gif to replace my "Fluck's" core, install stiffner kit, buy Ian's kit then spend the next year swearing at myself.

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 8 2012, 10:34 AM) *

What are you going to be doing for enter caps on those fuchs Kent? IIRC, Al was trying to sell his along with his fuchs..

They're listed here in the classifieds and are beautiful too, but out of my $$$ range. I'll probably order some from Mark at Mikey914. Al's are nice but at 4 times the cost I'll "settle" for less.

QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Oct 8 2012, 12:01 PM) *

Is that Ghia red or burnt orange. It's a 69 right? I have a special reason for asking.

The colour is {93 Ford Competition Red colour code = "EY"}. It is a 1968, the only year with the non-adjustable integral headrest. Pre 68 = no headrest, post 68 = adjustable headrest.
Black22
Love the "stable" of cars you have Kent!

Funny how low the 914's are make the Ghia look like a 4X4! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.