Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC but crazy cool: 1:14 kart lap at Streets of Willow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
campbellcj
Eddie Lawson sets a new track record. 1:14 on the Streets Of Willow in the Formula Pacific R6 powered Kart.

Those of you familiar with this track (with the bowl section) know that very fast times for Porsches fall in the 1:22-1:26 range...the corner speeds of this kart are unreal.

(I can't get the video to embed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54C8i9acRaY
BMXerror
Insane!
Mark D
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 7 2012, 09:39 AM) *
(I can't get the video to embed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54C8i9acRaY

RTF ... biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54C8i9acRaY
campbellcj
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 7 2012, 05:04 PM) *

RTF ... biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy - I looked, honest! I just found the instructions 'buried' in the FAQ post but the info on the

CODE
[youtube][/youtube]

tag is missing from the BBcode help page, which is where I looked...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...amp;CODE=bbcode
wndsrfr
Easy to see how the next step is Formula 1.....so many of their drivers started in Karts.....sounds just like F1 racing...
yeahmag
That was awesome. I've been fixing up a Motori 7 TAG kart with my brother-in-law. Had a blast the few times we've had it out at Cal Speedway Kart Track.

SOW is so rough and that down hill sting after the back straight always scares the piss out of me. I can't imagine what that felt like.
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 7 2012, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 7 2012, 05:04 PM) *

RTF ... biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy - I looked, honest! I just found the instructions 'buried' in the FAQ post but the info on the

CODE
[youtube][/youtube]

tag is missing from the BBcode help page, which is where I looked...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...amp;CODE=bbcode

Actually, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the BBCode page, it's right there, albeit formatted somewhat oddly ...
laugh.gif
andys
Eddie Lawson is quite adept at driving these high HP karts. He ran SuperKatrs for years, and usually ran up front....won many times. I spent lots of time on the track with him, but that was many years ago. Good to see he's still at it. The Formula Pacific is a series being developed by Bill Huth, owner of WSIR. The series runs a R6 600cc MC motor, though they did build a 1000cc version; I wonder if this video is of the 1000cc version? Don't confuse this FP series with the open wheel FP series which I believe runs mostly down under.

SoCal roadrace karting died about 10 years ago when the oldest club in the nation, SCK, folded due to declining participation. 25 or 30 years ago, a 400 entry weekend was not uncommon.....I recall being gridded 34th in a field of 62 at Riverside Int'l. Raceway back in those days....ahh, the memories! Anyway, SuperKarts survived as a separate organization as did many local sprint kart clubs.

Andys
strawman
When I got bored with my CSP MR2 several years ago, I sold it and built a 125 shifter kart, using a Rosso Korsa frame with four-piston brakes up front for autocrossing and hot lapping at a nearby track. Unreal. It truly was faster than I could respond, and the g-forces were absolutely brutal. Since my hips were failing and I found it harder and harder to climb in/out of it, I sold it and the kid kart my daughter never really took a liking to in order to build my teener. Exhilarating is the only word that comes to mind!
stewteral
QUOTE(andys @ Oct 10 2012, 08:05 AM) *

Eddie Lawson is quite adept at driving these high HP karts. He ran SuperKatrs for years, and usually ran up front....won many times. I spent lots of time on the track with him, but that was many years ago. Good to see he's still at it. The Formula Pacific is a series being developed by Bill Huth, owner of WSIR. The series runs a R6 600cc MC motor, though they did build a 1000cc version; I wonder if this video is of the 1000cc version? Don't confuse this FP series with the open wheel FP series which I believe runs mostly down under.

SoCal roadrace karting died about 10 years ago when the oldest club in the nation, SCK, folded due to declining participation. 25 or 30 years ago, a 400 entry weekend was not uncommon.....I recall being gridded 34th in a field of 62 at Riverside Int'l. Raceway back in those days....ahh, the memories! Anyway, SuperKarts survived as a separate organization as did many local sprint kart clubs.

Andys

Hey AndyS,

Thanks for your input. While you were running those HUGE Kart fields, I was running Formula Ford with equally Huge Fields. It's just too bad that racing has become SO Prohibitaly expensive!

Unforntunately, this is the ongoing story for road racing. At a Cobra-Owners Club meeting Bob Bondurant SCOFFED at the "NEW LOW COST" Formula Ford class. He predicted that just like Formula Junior, the cost to be competitive would go through the roof. He was SO right, once the Swift FF were raced.

It seems ONLY Formula V remains as the low-cost leader, although Club FF is pretty close...but then, those are driven by OLDER, "Mature" Drivers who know what is all costs at the end of the day: "Race, have FUN, Don't run the bill up!"
Best,
Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.