Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension components
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
A 74 1.8 became my parts car, I have a 73 2.0 with factory front and rear sway bars, are the suspension parts interchangeable? The calipers look the same, are they also identical or is there a difference that I can't tell by just looking?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
scotty b
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 7 2012, 10:40 AM) *

A 74 1.8 became my parts car, I have a 73 2.0 with factory front and rear sway bars, are the suspension parts interchangeable? The calipers look the same, are they also identical or is there a difference that I can't tell by just looking?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

yes
TheCabinetmaker
Scotty means yes. They are the same.
scotty b
yes
Eric_Shea
Scotty means yes.
Dave_Darling
If they both have sway-bar mounting tabs, or they both do not have the tabs, then they are identical.

--DD
scotty b
si
Ian Stott
My existing shocks look original and the ones from the 74 parts car look original and none are leaking, I've heard the Bilstiens are better but give a harsher ride, anybody want to comment on that re. how much harsher.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
scotty b
Firm not harsh. FWIW I put Bilstiens on all of my cars, and recommend them to most customers over Konis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.