Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progressive Weber Choke
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I'm new to this board and looking for info on adjusting the choke on my progressive Weber carb (single 2 barrel, progressive Weber, don't know the model type). Just bought the car last year, 71 914 w/1.7L. When first started and the engine is choked and when fully heated, the car runs real good. But after the first couple of minutes (when the choke opens), pre-warm low RPM (below 2k) has almost no power and difficult to get off the clutch without revving the engine above 2-3K. The choke opens pretty fast and the engine thermostat is missing but on order. I have a couple of questions about the carb and choke setup:

1) Is there a setup or adjustment for the choke to change the speed at which it opens?

2) I've read about the stock FI intake where warm-air is circulated into the air cleaner. I can't find where the warm air comes from in the sheet metal and how would I (or do I need to) get warm air into the carb? The air cleaner is a simple snap on type. (See pic)

3) There's a hose from the crankcase to the carb from the oil filler that seems to be a breather. What is this for and how should it connect to the carb? Should there be a valve or something on this hose?

Thanks,
Spoke
Bleyseng
We hate those things because the long steel runners promote fuel condensation on the inside of the runners. Dual Webers don't have this problem so if you are going to carbs, go duals. The single carb is a bitch to get to run right and most don't even come close.

Find a dual setup

Geoff
rhodyguy
the hose is installed as you have it, to help draw vapors out of the case. it may get a little messy inside the air filter. if your car runs good don't worry about the "progressive" razzing you might get

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.