Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top Refurb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
I spent the weekend refurb'ing my Targa top. The old headliner was so bad it was shedding when I hit a bump.
I stripped the old headliner, sanded off all the residue, and then scotch padded the whole of the inside and outside. I repainted the top, inside and out, re-painted the hardware, and replaced the rubber. I had installed the upper and lower main targa seals around the winshield earlier this week. It came out really well, and I'm happy with the results.

On to the pictures:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
That is cool! Looks great! beerchug.gif
bandjoey
Looks Great! What supplies did you use? Felt? Paint? Glue? How did you prep the top for paint? Thanks!
turk22
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 7 2012, 09:19 PM) *

Looks Great! What supplies did you use? Felt? Paint? Glue? How did you prep the top for paint? Thanks!

thanks!

I bought a pre-made headliner from 914Rubber.com (as well as all the rubber seals), and the paint and headliner adhesive I used in the picture below. For the underside of the roof, where all the old glue was, I used an orbital sander with 150 grit, to remove that. for the rest of the roof, I used a medium scotch brite pad (green pad), and lightly went over the whole roof. After I vacuumed the dust off, I used a cotton rag with a little paint thinner on it to clean the remaining residue of the top. After that dried completely I painted it.

Click to view attachment
walterolin
Wonder if you could patch a cracked dash and finish with the Krylon?
turk22
QUOTE(walterolin @ Oct 7 2012, 10:45 PM) *

Wonder if you could patch a cracked dash and finish with the Krylon?

You know that's an interesting idea, I have no idea how it would look, but considering the cracked mess that is my dash, I can't imagine it would be worse. idea.gif

I've used Kyrlon Fusion in a number of different applications, I have a reef aquarium, and I've painted fittings that are in the salt water, and the Krylon has been holding up amazing after 3+ years. I can't imagine a more hostile environment than that...except maybe the dash of 914.. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
rnellums
Holy Cow that came out great! Way to go man!
gothspeed
That is pretty amazing ......... smile.gif
no1uno
one of the items on my list. thanks for the inspiration!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.