Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 165 HR 15 Tires for Stock 73 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kbrunk1
Have a good set of dry rotted tires with good tread...

Does anyone have any new ones for sale?

Stock 73 2.0L
Tom_T
Try Lucas Tires or Coker Tires online for Vredestein, Michelin XZX & XAS or Google for the size, & you may come up with a few others sold by Discount Tires etc. (usually Bridgestone &/or off brands & T rated - which is between the 1.7/1,8L S & the 2.0L's H rated, T wasn't around back then).

165R15 choices are pretty slim! sad.gif

In the Originality & Hostory section is a lot of info on these OE size tires.

If cost is an issue, the Porsche factory recommended 195/65HR15 as the next best "modern" tire option, & there are a bunch of those available from the cheaper sources in name brands & others.
Mark Henry
http://www.cokertire.com/firestone-f560-165r15.html
tod914
http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/ At the time I was shopping for a set, they had much better prices than Coker delivered. Took about 3 days and they were on my doorstep. Many more vintage selections too!
euro911
Nexen SB802 $237.44 set of 4 confused24.gif

Walmart has them for $52. each

Kumho Power Star 758 - 165/80R15 $53. each
mittelmotor
Holy Ausfahrt...80 series?! Yikes.

It was fun to look at the Coker site. Wouldn't it be cool to have a remade Pirelli CN36 with modern construction/compound? Who remembers the Phoenix Stahflex 3011? (besides me, and that's just 'cause I'm old). I'm sure there's not enough market to justify the expense, but it's fun to dream.
Jgilliam914
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Oct 8 2012, 12:44 AM) *

Holy Ausfahrt...80 series?! Yikes.

It was fun to look at the Coker site. Wouldn't it be cool to have a remade Pirelli CN36 with modern construction/compound? Who remembers the Phoenix Stahflex 3011? (besides me, and that's just 'cause I'm old). I'm sure there's not enough market to justify the expense, but it's fun to dream.

Ummm I do .. Guess that makes me a old fahrt too blink.gif

My daughters 08 Rabbit has 195/65 R 15 Continentals and I checked them out there were many different brands of them on Tirerack.com... Those would easily fit on a 914 and be pretty close to OE size so the Speedo would be right on
76-914
Good call on the stock size tire. When set up properly you will be amazed how well it handles. I've got bigger tires on another 914 and I don't like how it breaks loose compared to the one with the skinny tires. And then there is the gas mileage benefit. Oh, just to set the record str8. Hell yes I would like fatties and steel flares if I had 'em. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.