Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Rod Simpson Install Instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
I bought an unused Rod Simpson Basic SBC conversion kit, but there were no installation instructions included. Rod sells them, I know, but the price is $250, which is credited if you buy a kit from him afterwards, which I obviously won't be doing. I know what I bought isn't quite complete, but without the instructions I don't know exactly what it is I need to track down and buy. A copy would be fine. Thanks.
skline
I dont have the instructions, but if you can post a picture of what you have, I can tell you what you are missing and where to get it for the best price. I know this is not what you were looking for, but trust me, if you have any mechanical ability at all, you just need teh parts and some general instructions for direction. There are many of us on this board who have done this conversion using parts from all manufacturers. Mine is a combo of all of them. If you have not bought the radiator yet, I highly recommend the one from Renegade, you just wont beat it and it works without any problems. However, the hoses I would make a different recommendation. Lets see what you got and go from there.

Oh, and welcome to the club!
Sammy
Have you talked to Rod about it?
he was really cool when I talked to him, I bet if you explained the situation to him he would prolly come down in price.
I'd chat for a while and then hit him up, offer $25, then $50 and see what he says.

The hardest part about rod's setup is getting all of the air out of the lines and engine. It aint as easy as it sounds.
i had the simpson system in my car originally, ripped it our and went with a modified renegade system.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Sammy @ Oct 30 2004, 11:03 AM)
Have you talked to Rod about it? I'd chat for a while and then hit him up, offer $25, then $50 and see what he says.

Actually I did, and he said $100. That just seemed a bit high for some xeroxing. Everybody's recommended the Renegade radiator setup so I don't intend to defy common wisdom, just need to do a bit more saving.

Skline, I appreciate the help. Can I just e-mail you the photos? I have the mechanical background and a lot of it's obvious, but some parts are odd, like the threaded plates for the two block water inlets. I don't have any hose connections or any other parts that are threaded that size, so I'm pretty sure something's missing. I don't have transmission mounts either, and don't know if they're missing or if his kit just doesn't require them like the others do. There are a number of things like that that I'm sure would be clear from the installation instructions.

Let me know and I'll send you the photos. Thanks again.
skline
PM sent with email address. As for Rod Simpson, he is a very nice guy but he is retired and it is his only source of income I think. The idea is to make money where you can. I bought the radiator setup from him and it is a good radiator but I dont feel I got a good deal on it. It was a grand and the hoses were crap. No shrouding, just a template to make my own. For a few bucks more, I could have bought the Renegade system and it comes with everything you need. The instructions for the wiring on the radiator were good but the templates for the shrouding was no good. It was more of a hassle than anything else.
914GT
Mine's a piece of cake getting the air out of the system. Doesn't take probably 5-10 minutes to fill it and have all the air out.
neo914-6
I haven't seen a copy of this yet but it may be helpfull: 914 V8 instructions
If you have specific questions, you can always ask them on this board or do a search. There's lots of free info if your willing to spend the time. biggrin.gif
Oh by the way, WELCOME!
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.