Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's my 914 worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
I need an estimated value for my 73 914 1.7L w 42k in EXC original condition for insurance coverage. NADA and BB says $5500, but other sources are all over the map. What do y'all "experienced experts" think would be an estimate for collision coverage?
Root_Werks
You will get a ton of great advise from this forum, buuuut, you will need pic's and lots of them before people will start throughing around solid numbers for you.

We need stuff like rust, where is it, how much? Details of the condition of the car etc.

With that low of miles, it is probably worth more than $5500. But hard to say without lots and lots of pics. biggrin.gif

So get out the camera man! Post some! boldblue.gif We wanna see! boldblue.gif clap56.gif
scotty914
if you are going for collectors ins. its a stated value. when i looked in to it years ago they stated the max allowed for a 914 4 was 12 grand

scott t
SLITS
Whatever you think it is worth to you! Hagerty gets pissed when you say $5K, they insist it's worth $20K.
Bleyseng
take a few pics and send them to PCA for a valuation (you must belong). They will send you back a form which you can use with Haggarity Ins along with the pics for a stated policy.

Post pics here for a guess and bygosh estimate.

Geoff monkeydance.gif
boxstr
I recommend getting coverage, if you are worried about getting the value of your car back if in an accident, with a "collector" insurer.
Hagerty,Grundy,Parish Heacock,J.C.Taylor,etc.
I would put together a complete photo album of your car, top,bottom,side, in, out, under,over.
Gather any and all receipts. Sit down with or have your agent on th ephone, take th etime to go over your concerns and work out the "agreed value" before you have any accident or collision.
Get your work done up front , becuse trying to do it after the fact is really going to be fun.
CCLININSUREME
bondo
Small on topic hijack:

Are there any insurance companies that will insure for agreed value yet still allow use as a daily driver? (everything I've seen allows occasional use only even if there's no hard mileage limit)
Rusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 30 2004, 12:23 PM)
take a few pics and send them to PCA for a valuation (you must belong). They will send you back a form which you can use with Haggarity Ins along with the pics for a stated policy.

Post pics here for a guess and bygosh estimate.

Geoff monkeydance.gif

Alas, PCA does not do valuations on 914 1.7 or 1.8 cars.

See PCA Valuation Page for details.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Guess I didn't read the effin fine print when I send mine in. Would knock off atleast $1500 for a 1.7 as they were much more common and still don't command top dollar.

Geoff biggrin.gif
Jamie
I posted a group of photos several days ago under my site name- check them out and see if you can come up with a number.
McMark
A little help? Maybe a link to the pictures? Repost them? If you want help, don't make it a scavenger hunt.

--------

Okay, here's the link: Pictures Thread
tod914
I haven't seen a "regular" policy that does stated value. The various collector car insurance's do. However, if something happens while your parked at Walmart, good luck. They tend to limit milage, 2500 or so per year. Must be in a locked garage/storage facility. $20K stated value shouldn't be a problem. Cost maybe $150 a year or so. Also can't be your primary car.
anthony
I have Hagerty insurance. There's no clause that says you can't drive to the store.
tod914
Anthony, what is your annual milage restriction?
Bleyseng
I think Haggertys limit is 5000, mostly for sunday drives or Club events. Must have the car in a garage, provide photos.
$150 a year

Geoff
anthony
Hagerty's doesn't have a "mileage limitation" per se but when you sign up if you don't say 3000 miles or less they will question it on it. And as Geoff said the car must be garaged and you must have a daily driver registered with another insurer. The bottom line is that the vehicle must be pleasure-use only. They also don't ask for annual mileage checks. And it only costs $86/year for my 914 and $200/year for my 911.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.