Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Case of Crime ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Nine_14
Anybody know this car ?
sdthomas
It's been sold twice in the past few months:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...323&hl=ebay

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=188772&hl=
Nine_14
Yes, i know, it changed the owner two times during the last month on ebay.

If i remember right in a price range of 15k (dont remember exacly)

During my visits of several 914 related german and us websites this car was offered to me

Here you find the original text i received by email after my reaction to this
unrealistic offer.

#Hi,
Thanks for being interested in buying my car. I am selling it for $4,350.00. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks #

Cause i remeber the pics ( same as on ebay ) i asked for pics of VIN plate and title copy...... no response

Isnt it a crime ?

If anybody offers a conversion car like this for less than 5k I PAY CASH

PS sorry if my english is not as well..... i am learning every day a little more.

Regards to all guys here on 914.dot..... a great site :-)
Tom_T
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 10 2012, 01:14 PM) *

Anybody know this car ?

I do not know about the crime, unless money changed hands or maybe attempted fraud can be prosecuted.

The name/owner changes could just be a scammer changing it on the for sale websites to throw people off, thinking it is not the same scam - not actually a change in ownership title officially.

If you think it is a scam - then post this as a warning to others with the link to the for sale webpage. I have seen others on here do that on here to save other people problems.

It looks like mine did when last freshly repainted that color in 1980 before it got hit & put in storage in may garage in 1985 - as you can see in my avatar photo. But it is going back to the original factory Light Ivory L80E (white) in my current restoration.
Nine_14
You are right Tom, thats why i put a question mark.

But for shure it is the same car, on the pics i received. The steering wheel same as the seats, the battery holder and the Ignition, pics of removed engine, absolutly same to pics shown on ebay. I don't think, there is another car like this.
(Yours also looks nice )

I think you are with me, that most conversion cars are unique in details.

Maybe it will became a case of crime, if i made a money transfer, but i must be a donkey when doing this.
Including shipping and insurance ??? Only shipping to germany is about 1,5 to 2k
and i don't know about insurance costs.

I Posted this as a warning but sorry for this, actually i can not find that link, cause i found it by google, so it's not in my browser history. Think it was cardomain, but i am not shure.
Never thought to receive an response on my inquiry....... this must be a fake is what i thought while typing the mail to the seller.

If crime or not i don't want anybody accuse so.

It is only a warning.

thx

shuie
Didn't Scott from Pelican own that? I think his moniker there is Scooter. He's from thee Seattle area, IIRC
carr914
It was a Scam eMail that you got. It happens all too frequently. I have put cars up for sale that appear on European Sites for weird numbers
Low Miles
Scooter sold it for less than 15k, it was on ebay in MI and sold for 18k’ish. Is it for sale again? I almost bought it the first time, I wish i had.
Nine_14
I Know that Scooter sold the car, i have had some mail traffic with him at the time he sold. The Price came a little bit out off my belief.

Anybody know a nice conversion for sale ? i am looking for a 2.7 or 3.0 Conversion car if possible. Cause i want to add a catalyst. Environmental needs in germany became more and more crazy.
Car must not be perfect, welding, bodywork is no problem for me.

Anybody has an eye on the prices at the german market ? Also became crazy
Have a look here.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto/search.html?s...p;ambitCountry=

Conversion cars are rare in germany, most of them came from the states.

Maybe somebody remember the car i have added by pic.

He want's about 33k without modifications for a german registration and the 914 needs 4 new tires too.

A lot of money i think. The car came with an 2.4 injector motor 911 axles and 964 callipers in front , nearly no rust as told.

What the 914world comunity think ??

DEC
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 11 2012, 04:33 AM) *

It was a Scam eMail that you got. It happens all too frequently. I have put cars up for sale that appear on European Sites for weird numbers

Like the 914-6 with the damaged fender......
Ferg
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 11 2012, 05:11 AM) *

I Know that Scooter sold the car, i have had some mail traffic with him at the time he sold. The Price came a little bit out off my belief.

Anybody know a nice conversion for sale ? i am looking for a 2.7 or 3.0 Conversion car if possible. Cause i want to add a catalyst. Environmental needs in germany became more and more crazy.

Have a look here.

He want's about 33k without modifications for a german registration and the 914 needs 4 new tires too.

A lot of money i think. The car came with an 2.4 injector motor 911 axles and 964 callipers in front , nearly no rust as told.

That looks like Gwen's old car...
DEC
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 11 2012, 03:11 PM) *

Have a look here.

Hi Guy with no name happy11.gif

nice looking car but
33K € or $ for a conversion is a lot to much dry.gif and a typical price for him.

In Germany you will find good conversions for a more resonable price incl.
the needed modifications for the registration.

In Germany we have any sources to find a good (conversion) car

You can reimport a teener by yourself.
The problem in this case is if you have no one to see it in person
you can run into issues.

A good example for this is the 914-6 from the bay area which is a long time offered in the PFF. I had a real interest. A well known guy aktion035.gif from this site took a look for me and the result was not so like the pics are promised.

If you want we can make a call.
Send me a PM
Nine_14
(the red one) is nice for shure, but the rear SC flares are not what i like
The price is converted is US$ and for shure negotiable but your right.... too much

A real /6 is not what i want....
What we say in germany, my wallet is made of onion-leather, when i look inside,
tears are running down. :-) To keep a real /6 alive a big wallet is needed.

I Think you know west-side-cars, they offer support in buying us cars, ( not really cheap) cause i am absolutly with you, a reliable person with good knowledge of the 914 is needed to inspect the car at it's place.

My device: Spend some money more at the right place and save a lot in summary

i have next of kin in washington DC, means support for shipping is not my problem.

Chris H.
Did the gray car belong to Headrage at one time? Converted by Root Werks? Looks just like it down to the missing center caps...
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 11 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Did the gray car belong to Headrage at one time? Converted by Root Werks? Looks just like it down to the missing center caps...

Yes your correct there is a bunch of info about it when Scooter Bought it.
sixnotfour
That looks like Gwen's old car...

I Agree agree.gif
Nine_14
The 914 familiy is small
Nine_14
To sixnotfour

Do you know if the red one was equipped with an 3.0 Engine ?
On the sellers website i found a german and an english text version.
In the english version comes with an 3.0 engine, in the german version
he is talking about the 2.4 injection ???
Ferg
Here is the entire thread about Gwen's engine rebuild, it's a odd duck of a motor, not a 3.0...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6500&st=220
Nine_14
Thanks to Ferg
Nine_14
I forgot, thanks to all...... a great community drunk.gif
i am really disconsolate that i can not come for a beer.
Nine_14
Found the link

http://www.localcarsale.net/?i=Porsche-914...=item1e6fbb1466

Take care !
sixnotfour
Scooters final;
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...uction-six.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.