Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW/ Texas Oklahoma event ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Got to thinking around Feb there isnt much going on. What if we hook up and do a combo event with Mav. Div.POA and have a 2/3 day event. We have Motorsport ranch, the speedway, Mineral ring, I think some twisty back roads. Some of the best BBQ, Tex Mex., Grapevine vinyards. Just thinking for now.
GWN7
There was some talk about doing a GT in Vegas around then....this was before Rusty came home.....
TheCabinetmaker
Where ya gonna have it? I could make it to a North Tx weekend. I believe Clay Perine does an annual Texas Hill Country Tour in the spring.
spare time toys
What about a Turkey Trot next year after Thanksgiving but before Christmas
Stutgart46
I'm in. Let's rent a track and have some fun.
914forme
short notice I know but how about the week after Thanksgiving - I will be down from Ohio - Cisco traing all week, I won't have much extra time, but a good meall of BBQ and uhm Beer sounds great to me.

Uhm beer beer3.gif

Of course 914s I won't have mine have to fly in and out!
spare time toys
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 30 2004, 06:27 PM)
short notice I know but how about the week after Thanksgiving

No No not this year I am in charge of Festivus. Its a non company sponsered christmass party. I am all tied up with that. We had a guy get drunk and said something that pissed off a guy whos brother is a senator. Well he pulled some strings and got the guy fired. So in protest we are not going to the official party we are having our own. Should be about 400 folks at it. Our motto "Festivus its a party for the rest of us" beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
Two years ago Alan Barreleaux organized a Hill country (Austin) tour in April. It was fun, but last year it didn't happen due to the fact that Alan moved to a new job in Houston, and his wife still works and lives in Austin. He stays in Houston during the week, and comes home to Austin on the weekends.

At the MUSR, we (Charlie Davis and myself) asked Tony Chavez if he could come up with something for April. Hopefully he finds something we could do on a weekend in the Austin area.

Tony... you out there?
jr91472
My car is finally running, so count me in. when?
spare time toys
The WCC is at the end of Apr. so thats out. When the local POA group puts out thier 05 schedual lets look and see when they have motorsports ranch and do it then.
cha914
I don't see why we couldn't do a hill country run around April just because of the WCC...

Clay, I don't think I went on any of the hill country runs in the past, was it just a one day thing or more of a full weekend event? I would be happy to help put something together ... gotta get the cen-tex 914's to come out of hiding driving.gif

Tony
TheCabinetmaker
Tony, nail a date and I'll be there. Unless it's the first weekend in May. I can't miss DE at Hallett. driving.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(cha914 @ Oct 31 2004, 02:12 PM)
I don't see why we couldn't do a hill country run around April just because of the WCC...

Clay, I don't think I went on any of the hill country runs in the past, was it just a one day thing or more of a full weekend event? I would be happy to help put something together ... gotta get the cen-tex 914's to come out of hiding driving.gif

Tony

I was go ing to head west young man. Thats why I did not want to do that weekend. Also my car is not streetable so a tour does me no good. A 2 dayer combo tour with a track day would be great. I could run the teener and then the TDI on the tour. How about a poker run as part of the tour?
cha914
Thats great that you are going to the wcc, but I think that most of the cen-tex guys arn't heading that way...need to make it one of these years, though...

It really seems like we are talking about a couple different events here. I am pretty sure the hill country run was just a one day event to tour the hill country, and hopefully see some good blue bonnets, hopefully Clay will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

The other event that you started the thread about sounds like fun also. I doubt we could get enough people to rent a track just for us 914 guys, but I could be wrong. However, there are plenty of PCA groups who run around here and I am sure we could join one of there events if we gave them some lead time.

Hmmm,

Tony
TheCabinetmaker
You could come run with me at Hallett in May. Lots of Tx. guys come up, but we could use a few more 914's. biggrin.gif
Eddie Williams
With the growing number of folks in Houston, we need to have some Houston/SE Texas get togethers. I have a coupon for 200 free wings at Hooters. Has to be used Mon-Thurs, but what the hell.
ClayPerrine
Sorry for the slow reply.. I spent the day in the garage with MY 914 rather than the wifes....

The hill country tour was a 3 day event. We went to Austin Friday , and came back Sunday. Great roads in that area. But they are not too fun when you are stuck in 3rd gear (lost the roll pin on the side shifter console). No awards or anything like that, just a bunch of fun roads and socializing after dark.
cha914
Ahh...ok...3 day event...hmm I guess I will have to chat with you and Charlie to get some more details about that...

I would love to hit the track at Hallet ... maybe early next year.

Sounds like 05 is gonna be a busy one...now I need get back out to the garage and do all the stuff that I was supposed to get done before the MUSR...

Tony
DougC
I have been wanting to tour the hill country around Austin for the longest. I hear there are some really nice roads in the area and nightlife too. MotorSports Ranch sounds like a lot of fun too though... I'd probably be down for either/both....assuming I get my V8 project completed in time. I couldn't do it in April, wife is expecting then - otherwise, I'm flexible.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.