Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas for 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
We all talked about autocross. I like that or a track day. Here are some ideas to think about:

OPTION 1
We were invited to participate in the 2005 Scottish festival in Columbus. I believe the date is the 2nd Saturday of September. They said we could probably use some of the fairgrounds for autocross. I asked my friend Jim, who some of you met Friday, what he thought of the space. He said it was rough and tight. We also will have no fall colors yet. Plan on SMOG's event to be in August, so we may be stacked on them as well.

OPTION 2
I discussed sharing the rental of Putnam Park with Pro Driver's Group the 1st Friday of October next year. They would be willing to share the day with us. The track can supply insurance. After the track day we could move down to Columbus.

OPTION 3
Keep it the same weekend as we've been using. We can also get the track possibly the Friday of the event. I need to contact the track this week and discuss price, options, etc...

Other things to consider:
Sunday-Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum (possible slow lap, maybe)
All day Poker Run - really put some miles in
what else can you think of?
GaroldShaffer
I like option 2 & 3. Either one would be nice.
mudfoot76
oooh, track time smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif spank.gif wub.gif wub.gif boldblue.gif biggrin.gif

A second option, and quite a bit closer to Columbus, is IRP's road course. I know it is not quite as nice as PPRC, but it might be less expensive, and if something does happen to break, you are on the west side of Indy instead out in the middle of nowhere.

I've also heard that there is a facility near Columbus that has frequent AX sessions. I will make inquiries and report back...
seanery
As far as track time goes, we can make the run groups whatever we like, for example:

Group 1: Experienced DE drivers & Racers (need no instruction)
Group 2: Done a couple (need some instruction)
Group 3: Green as the grass (need full instruction)

We would need to provide instruction, both On-Track and Classroom. We may be able to bribe some area instructors with their own run group and no fees, etc...
mudfoot76
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 1 2004, 04:06 PM)
We may be able to bribe some area instructors with their own run group and no fees, etc...

There was discussion this past weekend about CIRPCA offering more than 2 DE events in a season. Perhaps we can pair up, and reserve spots for 914Club members. Then we have a ready pool of instructors, and can easily fill up a grid b/c PCA's network will announce this across the country...
seanery
Geoff,
you shoulda hung around, we usually go have dinner after Sunday finishes. We went to Hog Heaven in Plainfield for BBQ.
There was/is gonna be more discussion about running a 3rd DE. Jim said it was very tough to get enough instructors that late in the year. Lots of guys were out of tires, etc...and didn't want to buy more that late in the year. I'm pushing for it to happen again. Who knows what will happen.

Tentatively, Chris is holding the weekend of the 21st for CIR.
mudfoot76
I'm sorry I missed dinner Sunday, nobody said anything to me about it...

No worries though, I was dead tired and still had a long drive to get home. Maybe there will be more talk of this next weekend.
GaroldShaffer
Anymore thoughts on what we can do for FFC05? is there going to be a FFC05??
seanery
I hope there is...why wouldn't we?
GaroldShaffer
Don't know, just asking. biggrin.gif
Engman
Time to start the fundrasin!

And Sean I need a logo!

Maybe we can all meet up at the Tweeks event in June?

M
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Engman @ Apr 21 2005, 03:40 PM)
Time to start the fundrasin!

And Sean I need a logo!

Maybe we can all meet up at the Tweeks event in June?

M

when is the tweeks event? I don't have a problem going down to Indy for a planning meeting if we need to before then. driving.gif
seanery
tweeks is like uh, fur shure...June 11 or 12th or like sumthin
GaroldShaffer
You think we could get DD to come up with another tech quiz?
seanery
probably so
Pnambic
Okey Dokey,

We doing another day at Doug's this year?
I'll call Whiteland Raceway Park to inquire about their availability if you guys want to pursue that.
Their website indicates that they charge $100 a person in groups of 8 if we rent them out ahead of time which includes an indeterminate practice session, 3 qualifying heats and a feature for each group of 8....

Finishing positions in the heat races will determine the starting positions for the feature event. Depending on how many people are in the group, there may be from 1 to 5 features.

The top grouping of racers (the 8 racers with the best average finishing positions from the heat races) will be grouped in the “A” feature. The next group will race in the “B” feature. This helps to ensure that each driver will be grouped with drivers of equal or similar abilities.

The winner of each feature will transfer to the back of the next feature.

Has anyone contacted the hotel we used last year? Any concerns/complaints from last year?

Friday
- Report in

Saturday
- Poker Run....maybe ending at Whiteland Raceway Park?
- Lunch/awards/ at Whiteland Raceway or at the same park we used last year. (I really liked the park.)
- Texas Hold'em tourney that evening.

Sunday
- Fun Run and good byes
GaroldShaffer
No complaints from us, that was a great place. I like the idea of the race park, do you think price might be a problem for people? I'm ok with it, but then again I love to race biggrin.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

The park we were at last year was nice, like to see it when its dry ohmy.gif Does the track have a place for lunch?
Pnambic
We could probably use the staging area to gather if need be. I imagine they have a big tent or something, but I'll ask tomorrow. Their parking lot seemed to be a decent size as I remember it last time.

Do you think any of our fundraising would be able to supplement the racing?
Pnambic
Here's a start: Let me know what else needs to be changed.
Registration Form
I have it forwarding to Garold, Sean and me for now as that's what I did last year, but I can add anyone else who would like to monitor registrations.
GaroldShaffer
Looks good to me. Are we doing a friday night at Dougs?
seanery
the reg form looks good, but this info needs to be changed and/or deleted:
---Did you order a 914world.com hat (yes) (no) --- Remove completely
---Extra Shirts are available by preorder at $17 each ---- I'm not 100% on shirt pricing yet, so this isn't solid pricing.
---Saturday Lunch Beverage ----- remove completely

Also, I'm up for raising the price at least $5 to $35 with no discount for earlier registration.
GaroldShaffer
That works for me.
MrsPnambic
What kind of fundraising did you guys do? Did you just ask businesses to donate money or did you actually hold a fundraiser?? If you held a fundraiser, I would be willing to help out with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.