Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Position Sensor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Don't have my haynes manual with me but I'm guessing that this is the throttle position sensor. Is it okay to pull it off so I can clean up the throttle body? Will it be a PITA to put back and readjust. Thanks
Allan
OOPS!! biggrin.gif
Mueller
yep....TPS...do a search here, Dave Darling (?) posted a diagram or a link on how to adjust one
Rhodes71/914
Yes that is the TPS. Open it up and look at the contacts. Mine was worn bad and putting a nwe one on made a huge difference. As far as setting it correctly banders djet site or pelican can remember which one, has easy instructions if you have a multimeter. If not and it was working properly when you took it off you could just line it up where is was before you took it off.
Allan
Thanks.. Any suprizes pulling it off (springs flying out, small parts falling out, etc.)/
Rhodes71/914
No surprises pulling it off the shaft coming out of the throttle body. May take a little force, mine was stuck on pretty good.
Allan
Thanks, I think I'll mark it and try putting it back in the same position and see how that works.
Bleyseng
If you are taking it off then adjust it with a DVM afterwards , pretty easy to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.