Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Colorado / Ohio friends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I wanna try this beer. Can anyone send me a couple bottles ( or more )?
Can PayPal cash

Stone Enjoy By IPA

beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
Gint
I'll go look for it Saturday.
balljoint
I dunno. If you're used to the hoppy west coast style craft beers then some Mid USer, or Mooser IPA, if you will, is going to be a disappointment isn't it? Let us know what you think and also what you are drinking now!
wingnut86
biggrin.gif
agree.gif

Group buy for South Carolina?

Or, set up a Cannon Ball or similar run for the Ohio border and back?

...crap, where did I leave the keys to my 75' TransAm.

SNOWMAN! Got yer ears on??
76-914
LMFAO thinking about what a cannon ball run would look like with 914's. We breakdown so often we would look like we were "hop scotching".
Madswede
QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 11 2012, 11:14 PM) *

I dunno. If you're used to the hoppy west coast style craft beers then some Mid USer, or Mooser IPA, if you will, is going to be a disappointment isn't it? Let us know what you think and also what you are drinking now!

Hey Dave, that beer is actually a west-coast beer. Stone Brewing is near San Diego. They just made this variety for publicity and 'cos they're arrogant bastards laugh.gif they had a vote to see where they would take it to be sold/enjoyed. I like their beers very much, actually, but sometimes they can be a bit over the top. Still, if I am able to run up to Durango for a weekend ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 11 2012, 08:56 PM) *
I need beer

Don't we all ...

Btw., i still have one bottle of my favorite German micro brew in my fridge.
It's yours if you want it.
biggrin.gif

Fohr Pils
http://www.fohr.de/_home.php

If the age check pops up, click on "Ja, ich bin mindestens 16 Jahre alt" to get into the site (Since the legal drinking age is 16).

Crappy website, but exceptionally good beer ...
drunk.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Ok ,I can get it neer to where I live, how much do you want??

Can it be shipped via UPS, USPS, Fed X legally !!!!

I could buy it and take it directly to the UpS Store, I think a case or 2 would

shipping would be pretty expencive . Let me know. Dave smilie_pokal.gif
balljoint
You can't ship it legally and if you identify it, it will disappear.
McMark
Shipping UPS or FedEx is 'against policy' not illegal. Just package it carefully (no breaking) at home and print off your own shipping label. Four bottles would be best. biggrin.gif I've shipped beer.... ahem-- olive oil... this way.

Oh, and SirAndy, I want your beer if you don't mind sparing it. drunk.gif
balljoint
Right, the legality depends on the State you are in....

You can also ship "antique bottles".
stugray
Ok i have it at my FLLS but they seem to only have the 22 oz. Bottles for $8 EACH. How many do you want? I bought the last two. Checking when they get more.
McMark
Yeah, probably only 22oz. Looking for 2 at least, and 4 preferably.
stugray
Ok, I bought the last TWO. They said that they will not be getting any more.

I would be willing to ship it to you free of charge for your services here on the world site, but you might need to entice me somehow to NOT drink one before I ship it. (no really.... I am having a staring contest with one bottle, SO FAR it is winning)

Also - any 914 parts that you might be needing I can ship with it (I am guessing that you have everything you need ;-).
Just try me, I have a stash of parts I am about to unload as soon as the racecar is running. (how about a concurs quality luggage rack with the mounting hardware ;-)

Stu
McMark
I need a pair do great black seats ( non-squareweave). smile.gif
MDG
Yeah, Dave and I had some of that earlier this year when we hung out at Todd's in Akron while he and his family were in Florida.
MDG
Did I say that out loud?

unsure.gif
Andyrew
What if we setup a beer exchange? Like people could post up the beers that they bought locally, and offer them up?

That would be really cool smile.gif
McMark
I like your thinking Andrew!
casey944
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 11 2012, 11:56 PM) *

Can PayPal cash

Stone Enjoy By IPA

Go get some PtE... it is better than that stone trash and right down the road from you!
Black22
If you enjoy the IPA's (as I do exclusively) you should try Balast Point "Sculpin". By FAR the best IPA out there IMHO. Also consistently ranked in the top 5 of most beer reviews.
McMark
QUOTE(casey944 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 11 2012, 11:56 PM) *

Can PayPal cash

Stone Enjoy By IPA

Go get some PtE... it is better than that stone trash and right down the road from you!

That's the problem. I can get PtE anywhere. It's good, but I like to try new things, in between the local favorites.
casey944
Geez, problems to have! I order my PtE from Blackwells 3 times a year. If we had any here I would send you some.
JStroud
I guess I'm different, I find a beer I like and stay with it. Wine on the other hand, I enjoy trying new bottles.

How much beer does it take to restore a 914? I'll let you know! beer3.gif

Jeff

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 13 2012, 08:36 AM) *

I guess I'm different, I find a beer I like and stay with it. Wine on the other hand, I enjoy trying new bottles.

How much beer does it take to restore a 914? I'll let you know! beer3.gif

Jeff

Click to view attachment

You drunk yet Jeff? av-943.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 13 2012, 10:22 AM) *

You drunk yet Jeff? av-943.gif

Your a funny guy Rob lol-2.gif No as soon as I start missing the can with the bottle tops, I only have a couple more then I'm done for the day....or until I can hit the can again av-943.gif maybe that's why my cars not done yet....na beer3.gif

Jeff
stugray
McMark,

Well the two beers survived the night, but barely ;-)
If no-one else finds a larger quantity for you I will send them, PM me with your address.

As for the two black seats. I DO have a nice set, but they are part of a 100% complete interior in my un-molested parts car under wraps in the driveway. If I got rid of them, I would have no seats at all for the car.

Stu
McMark
What's a parts car need seats for. av-943.gif

Beeeeeer!
Madswede
I could easily get some La Cumbre Elevated IPA - locally made beer, won the GABF for Best IPA (sort of the holy grail of beer awards). www.lacumbrebrewing.com That is, if one cannot find it at their local package beer vendor.

Not sure about the legality of shipping, but I can always tell 'em it's sports drinks. laugh.gif unsure.gif

It's in cans, but still very, very good. And Jeff Erway (owner) is a decent guy, too. Not too common with some brewer/owners outside of Nico Ortiz, husband to Liz (aka Turtlegirl on NARP and here too) and owner of Turtle Mountain Brewing where I spend far too much time and $ doing this: beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
stugray
What's a parts car need seats for. av-943.gif

Beeeeeer!

I will gladly give you the entire car for "1 years supply" of STONE IPA. It runs on FI and has a nearly pristine interior and bumpers ;-)

you just have no idea what "1 years supply of STOME IPA" means in my context ;-)

Really- PM me and I'll put the two bottles in the mail tomorrow.

Stu
stugray
Going twice. They are calling to me from the fridge.
stugray
Interesting.... I read this thread, and immediately go and get the last two bottles in town and offer to send them free of charge.
Then ask three times to PM address, and nothing....

I guess you make people nervous when you offer to do things for free.

Stu
McMark
Didn't see the request for address. sad.gif Sorry...

Original Customs
19660 Eighth St. East
Sonoma, CA 95476

Thanks!!! smiley_notworthy.gif
Cap'n Krusty
I'm in a club with the local Stone distributor ......................... Over the years I've sampled my fair share of craft brews, and Stone's ales are right at the top of my faves. Might just open an Arrogant Bastard in a little while .................... BTW, Firestone and Tap It, 2 local breweries, both took home gold medals this year!

The Cap'n
stugray
I'll try to get them out tomorrow. The exp. date is 11/9.

Sorry, my requests were buried a little after I went back & looked.

Stu
stugray
On the way.
I was worried about the no-refrigeration shipping, but the stone website did not say anything about requiring cold.

It's a bigger box than you might expect, my wife is a distributor for Young Living and we had the perfect box for shipping two large bottle of beer.
You WILL laugh when you unpack it ;-)

Stu
stugray
Tues.

UPS - 1Z16488W0347538320
McMark
Got the box today. Of course, I didn't recognize who it was from, so I opened it up to see and I looked like this: blink.gif

Thanks for all the Enron tax document remnants. laugh.gif

Oh, and thanks for the beer! smiley_notworthy.gif I owe ya' one.
ScoopLV
Whenever I mail beer (and I do it OFTEN), I label the package as "Fragile! Yeast Samples."

Haven't had a bottle break on me yet.

Glad we have some craft beer drinkers here. Doesn't surprise me in the least. But I haven't seen Pliny the Elder mentioned in this thread. THAT is the beer you should properly be coveting. It isn't an IPA so much as it's a religious experience. The nose on this one is like a hops grenade going off in your sinuses.

McMark
Scoop, see the posts mentioning PtE. wink.gif

It's fantastic stuff and I drink it all the time. But I like a little variety in my beer life.
stugray
Thanks for all the Enron tax document remnants.

CRAP! Those were only shredded?!?! could you please burn them and have them compressed into a diamond and then launched into the Sun?

Hey at least I put the trash bag in the box for you to dispose of them....

What did you think of the 2 bottle box? My wife said: "Will this work", and I was flabbergasted that the two bottles fit so perfectly.

BTW - Look up the name of that juice on the box.
My wife is a distributor: Hint - two bottles of that super go juice cost 5 times what that beer did ;-)

Enjoy! but lease do NOT tell me how good it was - I stared at them for three days ;-)

Stu
McMark
Yeah, the box was pretty dang perfect. Couldn't have asked for more. You can buy me beer anytime. laugh.gif

NingXia Red sound pretty awesome. chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.