Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 liter rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
I have been away for a while starting up a new carreer and haven't had time to give the club an update on my rebuild.

I have finally gotten back to assembly and did the following:

New WebCam by Raby [for 2L Fuel Injection].
New matching lifters by WebCam
New Type1 Oil pump
Align bore of case
New flat top pistons and cylinders
Rebuilt heads with all new valves, hd springs, guides and solid rocker spacers

And of course all of the usual clean up and paint as required.

I should have the passenger side head installed by monday and adjust the valves then it's onto installing the tins, housings, throttle body, fuel injection, etc .

I have attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Any last minute tips and or advice are welcome...this is my first engine rebuild!
newdeal2
More pics...
newdeal2
and 1 more:
Allan
Nice!! A couple more weeks and I think I may be doing the same thing. I hope it looks as good.
newdeal2
I may...will keep you posted.
ThinAir
Very nice! I'm about to start assembling the pieces of mine as well. I've got everything except the lifters. Given all the problems with lifters lately (and the fact that this engine had a cam wear down because of lifter problems) I'm going to go with either ceramics or perhaps with Jake's new lifters if he ever gets done testing them. The goal is to be back on the road so I can drive to WCC2005.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.