Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix Flight Post Show Wrap-Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hi_Fi_Guy
Had a great time at my first concours event, sort of nerve racking. Received a lot of great feedback and answered a lot of questions about 914s and directed people to the club website and club vendors for their needs.

I Met A LOT of very nice people including quite a few members from this board. There were only 4 914s entered and mine was the only 4cyl. car. There were quite a few 914s in the parking lot and I met many of the owners so that was lot of fun.

I have seen several Carrera GTs but finaly got to see/hear one driving this morning. Pretty sweet. You wouldn't believe all the protective gear the guy had in it so he wouldn't mess the carpets or scuff the door sills. Under the engine lid is a work of art in carbon fiber and aluminium.

The Fun Rally was cool. The children were the "navigators" and what they didn't know was the directions led to an ice cream parlor. They all seemed to really enjoy the Club 914 hats and I know the AZ Region appreciated our support.

I took lots of pics that you can see here:

914's only: http://homepage.mac.com/hifidesign/PhotoAlbum40.html

Children from West Valley Crisis Center: http://homepage.mac.com/hifidesign/PhotoAlbum41.html

Other cars including Carerra GT: http://homepage.mac.com/hifidesign/PhotoAlbum42.html
Aaron Cox
do those kiddos have 914 hats?
Hi_Fi_Guy
Yes, Club 914 donated hats for the children of the West Valley Crisis Center participating in the Fun Rally. Proceeds from this years Phoenix Flight go to support the WVCC. The kids are from battered and abused homes and stay at the WVCC when the families, courts, etc. have no where else to turn.
Aaron Cox
thats AWESOME!!!!
seanery
I LOVE IT! smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
this is my favorite!!
Hi_Fi_Guy
Yes, the kids were great and more excited to get a freebie than you can imagine. I also know that the AZ PCA appreciated the donation and will be looking to do more with Club914 for next year's event.
tod914
Great looking cars in your chapther. The events are alot of fun. Even more enjoyable when your helping out a group of kids like that. beerchug.gif
bryanc
QUOTE(Hi_Fi_Guy @ Oct 30 2004, 06:48 PM)
I Met A LOT of very nice people including quite a few members from this board.  There were only 4 914s entered and mine was the only 4cyl. car.  There were quite a few 914s in the parking lot and I met many of the owners so that was  lot of fun.

Hi, I'm the owner of the blue '75 2.0 car in your photos. I enjoyed meeting you at the event. I'd say the event was a success.

We had a lot of fun at the autox today. It was definately a 914 course, the top 5 were all 914's and I think one Boxster. Results should be up shortly on the AZPCA site.

The AZ club really appreciated the hats, and at the banquet last night made mention of the donation. So thanks. (BTW, my hats should be on their way to me right now).
Hi_Fi_Guy
Bryan,

It was very nice to meet you as well. I didn't make it to the Banquet (prior commitment) or the Auto-X (woke up sick on Sun. feels like the flu, argh!). Your Blue 914 looked like an Auto-X weapon, I hope you had fun, I REALLY wanted to be there.

I am glad the club mentioned the donation at the banquet, Club914 is filled with generous members. I think next year all the local 914 owners should volunteer to be in the Fun Rally. It woud be nice to see at least 4-5 teeners participate.

You didn't happen to notice how I did on the concours did you? Not knowing is driving me bonkers.
9magazine
Hi_Fi_Guy:

Can we use your photos and description of the event for use in the next issue of 9 Magazine?

Let me know!

Brian Minson
Editor
9 Magazine
http://www.9magazine.com
Hi_Fi_Guy
Brian,

You have a PM
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hi_Fi_Guy @ Oct 30 2004, 08:16 PM)
Yes, Club 914 donated hats for the children of the West Valley Crisis Center participating in the Fun Rally.

cool, but who is "Club914.com" ????

can't find their web-site, i get a "The page cannot be displayed" error ...
cool.gif Andy
Howard
Way to Go!!

Just hope WCC2005 has lots of kids with smiling faces, too.
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 1 2004, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE(Hi_Fi_Guy @ Oct 30 2004, 08:16 PM)
Yes, Club 914 donated hats for the children of the West Valley Crisis Center participating in the Fun Rally.

cool, but who is "Club914.com" ????

can't find their web-site, i get a "The page cannot be displayed" error ...
cool.gif Andy

Funny but good point for all of us, myself included, to remember to tell people 914Club and 914world.com even when speaking casually. It is becoming it's own sort of brand name and we want to make sure we are sending people to the right place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.