Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New project is home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
This is the 70 project car from the classifieds
Bottom line is the body has good potential. Longs are strong. unlike my yellow one.

5 Pedrini's are OK Looks like sombody set out to polish one then ran out of beer and quit.

4 Mahle with New Kumho 195/50-15 tires (still had nubbies)

5 heads a single 2.0 and four 1.8 / 1.7 didn't measure them yet.

3 boxes of parts from 2 cars (all the little shit) you can't find. including a drivers side warm air guide mueba.gif

all the original gauges. 120 MPH speedo. (damn it)
nice trunk lids, Early Targa top ( I now have two extras).
Engine wouldn't start for the guy. I figure it out in the morning. had spark and carbs were squirting gas. Hmm ya'll think timing or firing order. Iwoulda fixed it there but needed to get home. 6.5 hours one way.

Car has four 320i calipers on it. Says he got the idea form on of the boards. idea.gif alfred.gif

Anyway now I got enough parts to finish my yellow car and a project so I can be like the rest of ya knuckle heads. beerchug.gif
skline
Sounds like a good score, wish I could fine a stock clean specimen to build. I will look for one when I finish the Chalon. Hopefully I can find a deal like Toast did.
qa1142
Like the rest of us how/

Broke? biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Yup one broke and one that I can drive inbetween fixing it. beer.gif
watsonrx13
Nice find Joe... biggrin.gif

I guess you'll get your second one running before you can finish my motor. Still waiting on B for the shims (hint, hint)... monkeydance.gif
Joe Ricard
Not in a hurry to get it running this week. Need to charge battery and give it all a once over. Wish I had them guys from Washington State to turn it into a good runner.

Been going through the boxes and found so many little parts it is amazing. I found targa side seals and sail piece seals. (I needed those for the yellow car). All the switches for the dash. the list goes on and on.

OH found two green top injectors anyone need these?
seanery
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.