Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjusting rear camber with Brad Meyeur longitudina
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
(hmmm... no luck on the Pelican form, I thought I'd try here. BTW, doesn't the online Porsche community seem very fragmented now? It seemed better 7 (?) years ago when everyone was on porschefans (now rennlist). What happened?!?)

Hi,

I've reinstalled my suspension after install Brad Meyeur's (sp?) longitudinal reinforcement kit, and it looks like I have too much positive camber. I.e., the opposite of what 914s usually have - the top of my wheels are pointing slightly out without any adjustment shims.

Do I need to grind/thin the metal in the reinforcement kit that is sandwiched in between the trailing arm and body? Has anybody else had to do this?

I only had 1 or 2 adjustment shims on the car, and it looks like the kit has more than made up for them...

Thanks for any tips,
Steve
Jeffs9146
Try lowering it more that will move it 1/2-1' Neg. the lower you go the more neg you get.

Jeff
siverson
Ahh... Good idea. Ok. I'll stop worry about it for now. I'm just bolting things back together and there is no engine or transmission in yet either.

So I'll see what it looks like once I get it much closer to done.

-Steve
ChrisReale
Well, if there is no engine or tranny in it, of course its going to be funny. Put the engine back in, and check it out then
Jeffs9146
(hmmm... no luck on the Pelican form, I thought I'd try here. BTW, doesn't the online Porsche community seem very fragmented now?

Fragmented? Not in our little 914world.com world!!!

Your just hanging with the wrong croud!!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.