Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slick Rig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Miserable day to be driving this thing.....but I want one.
27K with out the motor.....S2000 engine & trans on the Bay for 5K... 1300-1500 lbs. Add schlicks & ya gots an E-Mod killer.
It looks better in real life biggrin.gif
siverson
Or the new Caterham CSR:

http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/sevens/csr.htm

I've had my eye on a Seven for a while now...

-Steve
J P Stein
The Caterham is ungodly expensive (for what's there) in their basic form, bout the price of a new Vette.

I've always liked the 7 & it's clones. The problems with most
of them is lack of room for anyone over 5-10 and it's worse for ones feet.

The S2K appears to be made for a Texan.....which figures, cause that's where they're built.
The one at the AX had street equiptment but I didn't get a chance to look at it real close. The guy driving it was an AX novice and the rain didn't help. He said after his last run that he couldn't drive cause he was laughing at the abusrdity of being out driving in the slop.

Here's a link to their web site....it's real annoying and don't work right. (edit) it works on MS explorer.

http://www.wcmultralite.com/
Jeroen
7 clones are lots of fun, but 27K without an engine/tranny???
Take it easy on the medication biggrin.gif
boxstr
There was a CMC Super 7 advertised in the Oregoninan last week. For sale ready for the Mazda Miata powertrain. MSRP is $9000. Selling for $7000 delivered, still in kit form, not a complete car.

A very interesting place to look at I think what must be every manufacturer of the Lotus 7 in one form or another can be found at www.supersevenlinks.com

I have seen the WCM Ultralite in person, droool drool, not sure I would want to spend the $$$ they want for one.
The company was actually listed for bid on ebay awhile ago, owner sited health issues.
CCLINLOTUSSUPER7
J P Stein
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 31 2004, 08:29 AM)
7 clones are lots of fun, but 27K without an engine/tranny???
Take it easy on the medication biggrin.gif

How manys Guilders you got/gonna have into your 914? laugh.gif

Personally, I ain't counting no mo on mine unsure.gif
cha914
so with all the talk of engine swaps around here...has anyone spec'd out putting an s2k drive train in their teener yet?

Probably just as big a hassel as any other and you end up with less power than a v8 and not a porsche 6 bla bla bla...but still supprising that I haven't seen it brought up, or maybe I wasn't paying attention...

Tony
Jeroen
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 31 2004, 09:18 PM)
How manys Guilders you got/gonna have into your 914? laugh.gif

Personally, I ain't counting no mo on mine unsure.gif

We don't have no Guilders no more... sad.gif
Stuck with the darn Euro, which are now worth about 1 guilder mad.gif
(was supposed to be 1 euro = 2.2 guilders)

Anyway, back on topic biggrin.gif
These kits are relatively cheap. There's thousands of brands to choose from
For 27K, it better have a very trick suspension AND a very fast turbo engine
Porsche prices don't apply to these things ya know...

My 914? Well, I think 27K is about right when I'm finished... and that's INCLUDING a 3.0 six biggrin.gif
Brad Smith
If you like those, go HERE: http://www.championmotorcars.com

Or buy the book and build your own chassis for a lot less.

Brad
fiid
There's a book called "How to make and race your own sportscar for less than 250ukp" that walks you through the process of building a Lotus 7 from the ground up. They usually end up being called "Locost 7s". They are constructed from Ford parts and box steel and really aren't that hard to put together.
boxstr
Ad still appears in the Oregonian.
CMC Super 7 kit, using Miata runnig gear, frame fiberglass aluminium body, windshield, coilovers, susp control arms, steering rack, tank and race rollbar, $7995 1-541-520-8188 will deliver.
No interest just thought I would post for all to read.
CCLINOREGONIANCLASSIFEDSARECRAP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.