Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: research on a factory GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
A german friend does some research on the car #9140431258

The original color was canary yellow.
It's a factory built custom race car.
The first driver was Hermann Neureuther.
He started with this car at about 60 races.
When he changed to a 911 RSR, the history of #9140431258 ends in the dark ... unsure.gif

At the homepage from Glenn Stazak we've found some pics.

Can anybody tell us what happend to the car, is there any kind of history known?

So long,
Gustl
davep
I don't have any info on the car, but I was wondering who Mahag was. It seems Mahag ordered several GT's, of which this is one. I'd be interested in the race history of the car. Sixty races is quite good, I hope it survived.
Bleyseng
Looking at the pics provided by Andrew Jones it was modified for the street and was rode hard. Rust was creeping into the floorpan. Funky bumper lites and no turnsignal buckets so maybe glass mods.
Engine shot shows it has lots of wear and rust, car has a side shift tranny installed.
Full interior (late style) is installed.

Geoff sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
I dont follow the 914/6GT cars but I am curious about those photos:

Are the two knobs above the heater levers on the dash for the headlights?

The two quarter-round arched braces in the front trunk are on 1974 and later production cars...were they also installed in the GT cars as in this car?
IronHillRestorations
That car must have had front end damage, as it has the curved front bracket between the inner fender and the front bulkhead. Early 914's and 914-6's didn't have this.
Gustl
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 31 2004, 05:53 AM)
I don't have any info on the car, but I was wondering who Mahag was. It seems Mahag ordered several GT's, of which this is one. I'd be interested in the race history of the car. Sixty races is quite good, I hope it survived.

At the moent I can't tell for sure, but I think MAHAG was a german racing team idea.gif
but ... where did you read about MAHAG ???
I can find out what's MAHAG in detail, but it will take time.
Parts of it's race history could be found out too, I think.
Gustl
a little more info:
MAHAG is a big car dealer in germany: http://www.mahag.de/
they're Porsche partners: http://www.mahag.de/porsche/

they supported racers in the past

they ordered following factory GTs:
914 043 1258 - canary yellow
914 143 0218 - signal orange
914 143 0247 - tangerine
914 143 0291 - canary yellow
914 143 0318 - silber metallic
914 143 0373 - special color: light yellow

So long,
Gustl
davep
9140431258 is apparently now in California and is still used in competition.
seanery
is this the same car?
IPB Image
seanery
must be, found a front:
IPB Image
davep
Yes, that is the one. I'm in contact with the owner already.
VegasRacer
I remember talking with the owner last year. They are active auto-xers in So Cal. I didn't realize it was an important car. I don't care for the tail, but the car was in nice shape.
seanery
sans tail the value of that car would probably rise exponentially
quick six
I just caught up to you folks in the 914 Club. The car in question(9140431258) has been active in PCA and POC auto crossing and time triling since 1976. It was owned by Ron And Barbara Webb from 76 until 01. They, my wife and I towed together and raced for many years. They and it then retired to Utah. The pictures on STAZAK's sight were taken there when it had been sitting in a garage for 4 years after Ron's death. It was verrry dirty but no rust.
It will receive PCA Zone 8, 1st place trophies for concourse, time trile and Auto-crossing for last year. Enough of concouring and racing at the same time.
The tail was something Ron tried and I have left it as he had it, although it slows it down at the California Speedway and other long tracks. I may have to remedy that. I have the original deck lid.
I attached some more info.
michel richard
Having trouble downloading your attachement. Is it really a Word file ?

Michel Richard
ein 6er
I just caught up to you folks in the 914 Club.

welcome to the club!!! <!-- emo&:boing: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->
smrz914
welcome to the club.

I can't read that file correctly either.
Bleyseng
"Sold 24/07/70 (July 24th 1970) by the Germen dealer MAHAG where it was service through 1971. It was imported to the USA in 1972 and was at the Wester Porsche/ Audi Dealership in Monterey Ca.
Dr. Marvin Taves of Reno Nv. owned and raced the car until it showed up for sale on consignment at Beverly Hills Porsche in 1977.
Ron & Barbara Webb purchased it at that time and successfully time triled and auto crossed it with PCA & POC for many years until retiring to Richfield Utah in 1992. Upon Ronís death in 98 it was stored until I aquired it November 2002.
The headlight treatment is thought to have been done by the German stylist Glocker. A similar work, with picture, is attributed to him in the book ìDas Grosse VW-Porsche Buchî.
If anyone has any additional information Please contact me. Greg Fullmer"
Howard
you mean this makes my ass look big?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.