Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! FS: 1973 2.0 Appearance Group
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
billh1963
I have too many cars (hard to believe, I know) and need to make some room for the green car I have coming back from scottyb’s. Plus, I have a new acquisition coming in from Nevada so I need to thin the herd.

Up for sale is a 1973 914 2.0 Appearance Group car. This car has a build date of 10/1972.

The Good:
• Mostly original paint
• Excellent front trunk and very solid rear trunk
• Good floor boards
• Very nice interior
• Five original Fuchs with the right date code
• Running 1.8L engine with FI
• Have the original 2.0 short block, heads (need repair) , and miscellaneous engine parts including ECU, muffler, tins, and other goodies
• Lots of original paperwork including manual and sales order

The Bad:
• Car will need some dent repair
• When I say running 1.8L, actually it was running when I drove it on and off the trailer. I removed a relay to clean the pins and now I can’t get the fuel pump to run. Obviously something simple; however, I have not even messed with it
• NO TITLE!

The Ugly:
The Hell hole is shot. The rest of the car is surprisingly nice, I even did the long "weight test" and the car did not flex at all.

So, in summary this is a car deserving restoration. It was a one owner Georgia car until I bought it. You can tell that it was loved. The original owner developed MS and had to quit driving (dents are from him hitting his garage). Compared to my green car and other cars I have seen this is a cake walk. Asking $1700… which is what I have in it to this point. There is a LOT more than that in parts in this car.

Link to Pictures

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
Where is the car?
GaroldShaffer
your link to pictures doesn't work. Need your password.
billh1963
Sorry about the link....try it now.

Car is in Orangeburg, SC.....midstate.
DRPHIL914
i saw this car up close last month after Bill brought it home. door alignment is perfect, sound like new when closing, gaps dont change etc. really a good project for someone with a little bit of do it yourself ability. trunks are really clean.
I would but i have no room at the present time...

Evil914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 15 2012, 05:38 PM) *

your link to pictures doesn't work. Need your password.

You know you'll need a parts car to go with that happy11.gif
billh1963
Must be a lot of interest for '73 appearance group cars ...have had four emails since yesterday. I have added pictures to the photobucket as requested.
townsendfm
do you still have the 914?
billh1963
QUOTE(townsendfm @ Nov 1 2012, 03:36 PM) *

Yep...for now. Lots of interest but no takers as yet (even though it's parts value exceeds the price). Typical broke-ass 914'ers.... lol-2.gif av-943.gif
townsendfm
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 1 2012, 03:14 PM) *

Yep...for now. Lots of interest but no takers as yet (even though it's parts value exceeds the price). Typical broke-ass 914'ers.... lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Does it run and drive?
billh1963
QUOTE(townsendfm @ Nov 1 2012, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 1 2012, 03:14 PM) *

Does it run and drive?

Not at this point....please read the ad where I list the BAD
billh1963
Per the request of several people, I have added more pictures of the hell hole, firewall, etc. Click the pictures link.
billh1963
SOLD!!!

Someone is getting a very nice project!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.