Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Look what Sandy Bought!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
We went to the dealer yesterday. I worked the salesman, she wrote the check. The Xterra is gone! This is her new Big Bad Boy! She insisted on Black (in her words) so it would match the Alien if we tow it! driving-girl.gif She used to hate that car like it was another woman. I knew she'd come around.... wub.gif
rick 918-S
Ooops, forgot the attachment! 5.6L V8!, Big Tow Package, Off Road Package, Rockford/Fosgate Premium Sound System!
Jeroen
Cool!
So, if it's used to tow the Alien, I guess this is the "mothership" biggrin.gif
skline
Joe got his wife the Pathfinder Armada, the thing is huge and very strong with the same engine. I think it sounds really good like it has flowmasters on it or something. Very nice indeed.
Gary
Our home appliance vehicle is the Armada. Bought it Valentine's Day for the wife. We have 4 kids and a dog. Still very comfi on long trips.

Great motor - aluminum block, 6 bolt mains. Tuned induction. 1st major service - 105k miles. 305HP, 385 lb ft torque. Per manufacturer 0-60mph in 7.0 seconds. Got the LE package with tow package. Tows 9100 lbs with the tow package. Has auto leveling air shocks, tow mode tranny, vehicle dynamic control, leather, Bose stereo etc, etc.

Yelled at me last week with a beep and a dash light. Looked up the light in the owner's manual - low tire pressure - comes on when one of the tires drops below 29 psi. Sure enough the driver's front was at 28.5 psi. Very cool

Great vehicle. Despite the 1st model year, recurrent problems I know of are front rotor warping - seems to respond to turning the rotors, and a resonance on the Armada on some roads at highway speeds. Ours does it, and there is a TSB out there - just need to make the time to get her in for service.

You'll be happy with the Titan.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 31 2004, 08:25 AM)
Cool!

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Funny, Jeroen!

Nice truck, Sandy!
You go girl! driving-girl.gif

Lisa smilie_pokal.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 31 2004, 09:00 AM)
I worked the salesman

I've got a feeling that is a mild understatement. chair.gif

Nice truck.
SpecialK
Even has his mother's [ship] flares! beer.gif
Lou W
Very Nice smilie_pokal.gif
cha914
I like everything about it except for the damn chrome mirrors...other than that they are sweet looking trucks...you get the electronic locking diff? Hopefully they will sell alot of those so I can get one for a dune buggy project for cheap tongue.gif

nice score...what kinda milage those get while towing?

Tony
campbellcj
Is it just me who can't see the pic?

Don't tell me that the crappy old Netscape IMG tag bug crept into Firefox RC1 !?!?!?!?
campbellcj
Whew, it's apparently not a Firefox bug, the img href is dead... faith is restored
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 31 2004, 08:25 AM)
Cool!

Sandy and I were just reading this and were LOFAO!! lol2.gif lol2.gif Good one!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(cha914 @ Oct 31 2004, 11:33 AM)
I like everything about it except for the damn chrome mirrors...other than that they are sweet looking trucks...you get the electronic locking diff? Hopefully they will sell alot of those so I can get one for a dune buggy project for cheap tongue.gif

nice score...what kinda milage those get while towing?

Tony

Yep, push button locking rear Diff!

We purchased it about 180 miles away. We checked the MPG. About 14 MPG empty!

But this should increase after breakin. With 305 HP the milage shouldn't be effected like the V6 we had in the Xterra. The 5 sp Auto has a tow mod switch on the dash. It changes the shift points under load.

We got 8-10 pulling with the Xterra and it was working way too hard in the mountains! We were passed by loaded tractor trailers.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 31 2004, 09:15 PM)
We got 8-10 pulling with the Xterra and it was working way too hard in the mountains! We were passed by loaded tractor trailers.

we have a v6 NA xterra. its a girly motor. not much torque etc. would be scared to pull trailer in it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 31 2004, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 31 2004, 09:00 AM)
I worked the salesman

I've got a feeling that is a mild understatement. chair.gif

Nice truck.

Ya! LOL laugh.gif You know me too well. laugh.gif The first thing I noticed was the two salesman of the year plaques hanging on the wall in his clube! huh.gif What...they just pass them out like candy at halloween..... ohmy.gif He put the move on us with a number game TTL. ( Title Transfer, Tax, Lic.) I dropped a low ball number that I would agree to. wink.gif He goes and starts to have the truck serviced and comes back and tries to get us to agree to a $ 2000.00 increase for the TTL! He say's (sorry guy's I didn't notice my manager omitted the TTL on his number.) wacko.gif After I finished with him He may have lost money on the sale. We got the price we wanted to pay and more! wink.gif
scotty914
hijack time:

my dad ( i refuse to buy a new car ) has it down pat, he walks in on a week day with dealer inv price from consumer reports. writes it down plus TTL and says this price or goodbye. well the salesman always say no way so my dad goes to the manager, who then says they cant sell it because they lose money at inv, but they have whats called hold back which is normally 3%. when he brings this up the manager normally gives in. but when they dont he walks out, with the manager chasing him 9 out of 10 times.

oh he also goes in 30 mins before they lock the door, it takes the time to weasel with him out of the dealerships hands. but he has to pick up the car the next day but he only spends 1 hour at the dealership. i think the dealer wants/needs the sale on the week days.

but it must be nice to have no less that 6 or 7 dealerships for each name brand with in 1/2 hour of his house

scott t
seanery
is there kiddie room in that truck? wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 1 2004, 05:47 AM)
is there kiddie room in that truck? wink.gif

Seats 5. Our kids are getting older and don't really like hanging with us OLD people.
tommy914
They are making those trucks a few miles up the road from me.

Are the seats made out of possum, stuffed with cotten and pine straw?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.