Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR a/x
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Great to be out and running with a fast crowd!

Very long and technical track with a few surprises...And gravel.
There were several creative cone barriers that made you decide which way to turn. You could go left or right, or in one case if you were confident, you could choose to go straight through the middle of the six foot wide opening approaching the top of third gear with out the need to slow or turn to avoid the pylons.

I made the choice to "thread the needle" 6 of 7 times, cone free. ohmy.gif

Many clubbers were with us:

Gwen, Birgit, Randal, Demick, Chris, Andrew Blyholder, Steve Nieslony, Darren, Albert, and of course Thanks to Brad for helping us dial our cars.
Sir Andy showed up to see the sights as well.
I apologize if I missed you.

Nice driving!

KT
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

Anyone else have anything to add about the course?

I look foward to the chance to use the new tires on some really nice pavement with no grit.

Tell us your story.

KT
Mueller
any dirty looks due to your exhaust?? smile.gif
nebreitling
only that i'm sorry to have missed it!

did brad drive the ax?

my saturday was spent recovering from friday and prepping to drop the engine sad.gif

but, the Mystery Engine ™ is on its way -- perhaps in time for Infineon...
Trekkor
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 31 2004, 09:22 PM)
Mystery Engine ™

No, oh my word, noooooooo! ohmy.gif

Brad was not a driver.

Nobody said anything about the megaphones and the sound they let out, made my day. They added to the fun , that's all.

KT
ppickerell
As far as the course goes, the letters DNF sure came up a lot! Ducks Need Fish? That off camber turn at the farthest end from the trailer was sure fun to watch. Come out of a 90 and immediately go seriously off camber. I saw some peoples front ends getting happy! The #100 914 lit up his tires throught that whole section every time. The other fun thing to watch at that location was at the juncture where you could go right, left or split the cones. Most people went right, one black carerra always went left, and Demick split them perfectly each time!
ppickerell
Last time I saw Brad he was driving a socket wrench.
spare time toys
Who has the 314 car on the trailer in the first photo? another member of the big tail gang. smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
That's John Seidel. Long time autocrosser/time trialer. He designed Saturday's course. Fast racer, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

It's a track car - hence the big wing. He bought that car about 2 years ago so he didn't stick that wing on himself.

Demick
GTeener
My car caught a case of the honkies on the last run of the morning. Sucked up that ghost in the back stretch I think huh.gif

Challenging course and challenging surface...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.